Page 17 of 19 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 >
Topic Options
#1256 - 02/09/03 07:38 PM Re: My Story
mindy Offline

Finished,

I was just reading a few of the posts on the General Discussion and I read one of yours where you were expressing how you thought yours was an N and how you felt that he (or she) was "wired wrong". I so feel the same way. My N is completely wired differently. Everything he says and does it just weird and disturbing and I wondered if I was the only person that noticed (besides my family). It is very disturbing and that is why I felt such a relief when I read about the NPD. I always thought that he was THE only person on this earth that was like that. My N is also very sexually driven and that is the part that I am still dealing with. What I am going through right now is so bizarre, if your interested I really need to talk about it. Oh, I am so glad I found you. I think the NPD is worse than the P. But then again I am not a professional, so I don't know. It is just so frustrating and bizarre. I would like to know more about your N to really find out if they are alike.

Thanks so much!

Mindy

#1257 - 02/09/03 11:26 PM Re: My Story [Re: mindy]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mindy,
Honestly, I've never been able to figure out the difference between a psychopath and a narcissist.... other than on extreme levels and in rare instances the psychopath can be
truly violent. And, as I've stated many time, it is less impportant how we label them...than how we deal with their behavior. Malignant Self Love:Narcissism Revisited is a good book...but rather wordy and technical. Dr. Hares book
Without Conscience: The Disturbing World of Psychopaths Among Us is an easier read and very informative, however it does deal with a lot serial killers, etc...
Rick

#1258 - 02/10/03 08:10 AM Re: My Story [Re: mindy]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mindy

What I've read about the difference between the N and the P, is the N has a consience. If there is a continium the N would be on the low end and the P and the high end. Follow me? Like there are degrees of P-ness. Some as Rick says, serial killers (high end) and the NPD that has some conscience, feels guilt etc.
Whatever you would like to discuss would be fine with me. P#1 was the sex crazed one. . .P#2 was more about power and control.
I'm not able to get to my computer as quickly as before but I'll be here as often as possible.
Again, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your children.
finished

#1259 - 02/10/03 10:06 AM Re: My Story [Re: mindy]
freedom Offline

Mindy! you sound like me a lot
i love to help people
my husband and friends say that i have the savior syndrom

i remember when i first met p
he told me that he was very very egocentric
that he wanted to be pleased all the time
that he could change my emotion in a twist of a second
from crying to happy to fear to whatever his mind
wanted to see happening
and he would
but i thouthgt my belief in God the creator of this world
could help me to change that
with all my love for people to be happy
i wanted to help
i have to admit this is my second p
i did not want to mention the first one
because it takes a lot of energy for me to share
i am so tired of it all
i just wish i would stop talking about him
and go on with my life
but i needed a place to go where i can unwind
without being judged
as being the bad guy
because he does that to me too
tell people all kind of lies about me
the people who believes it do not know about him
but a lot do know because we are in the public a lot
when he does beat me up
and they know how he goes from one woman to another

Mindy i am glad that you have found this place
it is a miracle that you finally got away from him

i thank Diane E. who started this
am i right Diane did you started this site?

freedom

Edited by freedom (02/10/03 10:07 AM)

#1260 - 02/10/03 05:14 PM Re: My Story [Re: freedom]
Dianne E. Offline

Administrator

Loc: United States
Hi freedom, yes I did start the forum. We wouldn't be where we are today without the many forum angels who have helped along the way with everything from the design of the site to financing the costs and fees.

I had no idea the forum would grow into a forum for victims. I started it to gather what information I could because I am a true crime person.

#1261 - 02/10/03 06:36 PM Re: My Story [Re: Dianne E.]
mindy Offline

Diane,

I am curious, what do you mean you are a "true crime person"? And who was this site originally intended for?

Mindy

#1262 - 02/10/03 07:05 PM Re: My Story [Re: mindy]
Dianne E. Offline

Administrator

Hi Mindy, what I meant was that I read true crime stories and many of them include a Psychopath in the mix. I started the original site several years ago to collect what information I could find on the internet about Psychopaths. Shortly after that victims of Psychopaths started showing up and that has been the direction the forum has taken ever since then. It has been one foot in front of the other. Now of course the site is to provide information and helping victims by providing a place to share information.

#1263 - 02/10/03 08:25 PM Re: My Story [Re: Dianne E.]
mindy Offline

That makes sense. You are awesome for supporting us in this!!! I am going to post some information that might help on another thread (victims of phsycopaths and the legal system).

Thanks to all of you who have responded to my posts and the kind words you have given me. I still have hope (I am not perfect I have lost hope many many times) but right now I feel a lot of hope and a lot of passion towards wanting to help. Thanks again!!
Mindy

#1264 - 02/11/03 11:12 AM Re: My Story [Re: Dianne E.]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dianne,

" Psychopaths can have narcissistic personalities, while not all-narcissistic personalities are Psychopaths. I think of Psychopaths as a mixed bag of several conditions."

I know that this question may have the hint of labelling...
However, in your opinion, what are these narcissistic personality traits and what conditions/symptoms/behaviors would a person have to exhibit to (possibly) be considered a psychopath?

Rick

#1265 - 02/11/03 05:02 PM Re: My Story
Dianne E. Offline

Administrator

Hi Rick, it can be hard to distinguish sometimes in dealing with a narcissistic personality, since many of the characteristics are shared by both. The key word is conscience to separate the Psychopath from the Narcissistic Personality.

Page 17 of 19 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 >

Moderator:  Dianne E.