Page 19 of 19 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19
Topic Options
#1276 - 09/02/03 04:26 AM Re: My Story - Part One
recovery Offline

Well it might - but does he have all the charecteristics that goes with being a P? I slept with a knife by my side when I first found out how dangerous my P was - and the lengths he would go to to protect his interests ie his self? It certainly means life is horrifically scary when the person you loved is the one you are most scared of in the entire world. Keep yourself safe. Hope to hear more from you. As Ali said - the P can't change - so no contact is usually best if possible.

Good luck

Recovery

#1277 - 09/02/03 08:00 AM Re: My Story - Part One
Anonymous
Unregistered

I believe i am. im open for any correction. to whatever he is. first of all hes, verbally abusive when confronted with anything morally wrong. illegally or immorally. second he believes rules apply to every one else EXCEPT himself. any, and I mean ANY slight. He lies right to my face with no problem. He uses his family never caring about their feelings. Example just yesterday he told my son (11yrs) he couldnt play outside with friends because he had something really special planned. 3 hours later son asked when they were going. and He replied we're not going anywhere because you want to play with your friends and dont want to be with me. This is just one of the many examples. theres so much more. I really hate what he does to my kids. he did this while i was a work of course.

#1278 - 09/03/03 01:24 AM Re: My Story - Part One
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi DragonLady

Your man doesn't sound good. As to whether he is a psychopath or not - read as much as you can from the resources on this site - if he is, it should all start to make a lot of sense to you quite quickly. There is a checklist devised by Dr Hare which is used a lot in diagnosing them. I found a copy of it on this site: Click here for test Apparently you score 0 points for a no answer; 1 for a maybe and 2 for a definitely. A score of 30 or more indicates a psycho. However, it is supposed to be done by a qualified psychologist so results when done by people like you and me may not be conclusive. But it should give you a good idea.

Hope this helps. Also that this forum helps you as much as it has helped me.

**edited to make link clickable, Di

Edited by Dianne E. (09/03/03 06:53 AM)

Page 19 of 19 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19

Moderator:  Dianne E.