Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
#11320 - 07/02/11 12:39 PM The Eyes and tears of a Psychopath
Dianne E. Offline

Administrator

Loc: United States
Many times these comments and questions have come up over the years,

daddysproblem just posed this question on another thread:

One more thing - one thing I really notice around my Dad and looking back throughout my life are his eyes. The window into his scary brain. He watches everyone so intensely. My mom used to refer to them as his beady eyes.

The subject has come up often spread out over the threads, I thought we had a thread about this one one specific issue but can't find it so when I have time I will pull comments from threads where this was mentioned to post here and give our community a place to post their specific questions and observations. Both about the eyes and if you think you really believe they were just crying or acting?

Best described the eyes are the pathway to the soul and without a soul how do we describe what we are seeing or remembering looking back?

Di

#11324 - 07/02/11 01:20 PM Re: The Eyes and tears of a Psychopath [Re: Dianne E.]
daddysproblem Offline

One of the saddest aspects of the Psychopath is they can't help it. They can not help who they are and they did not create themselves. I am of the belief and it's being tested now with those fMRI's and all the brain studies ( thank you aging baby boomers ) that the part of the brain that invokes the empathetic response is non-functioning in the Psychopath. Simple as that. The chemicals do not spit out and activate the other parts of the body and brain.

So they are like aliens. And that's where the eyes come in. They are not feeling they are observing. Always. Watching. They are so baffled by the actions of humans that they can't help but stare.

When my grandma died, my Psychopath-daddy's mom, he took pictures of people at the side of her open casket. There's one of me and my son. Then my Psychopath-daddy watched his own loving mother get cremated. With those eyes.

He's astonished.

He's fascinated.

#11325 - 07/02/11 01:26 PM Re: The Eyes and tears of a Psychopath [Re: Dianne E.]
skybluepaint Offline

A friend of mine told me after my relationship with the Psychopath was over that the first time she had met the Psychopath, and they had only met briefly that one time, that her eyes seemed "empty", like there was nothing there. Perhaps that is the lack of a soul?

Another friend who briefly met the Psychopath in the very beginning told me that she would defriend me if I went out with the Psychopath. Her first impression of her was literally that off-putting. I didn't tell her at first when I started seeing the Psychopath, but later Psychopath tried to become friends with my friend. I think my friend was both repulsed by her and drawn to her. She thought she was so odd that she didn't really want to be friends with her, yet in a way was fascinated by her oddity and wanted to figure her out. That is what I spent years trying to do, figure the Psychopath out. I never could understand what she was thinking or feeling, so I guess like others, I filled in the blanks based on her words which she carefully constructed.

I've seen it written in other threads that sometimes it feels like the Psychopath is looking through you, not at you, when they make love. Now, I would agree with that. However, at the time, it felt like this incredible intensity which I misstook for love. I would liken it to a predator stalking its prey, that look of intense focus going after what you want.

When the Psychopath left me, the eyes were the scariest of all, a look of sheer evil that I had never seen from anyone. Her eyes bored into me and she said, "You don't know my dark side." It was like something out of a horror movie. It was such a polar opposite to that look of intense focus and desire. I wonder if others have noticed that sudden change in eye contact and even color. They were totally black and glassy in the rejection phase.

#11326 - 07/02/11 02:10 PM Re: The Eyes and tears of a Psychopath [Re: skybluepaint]
Dianne E. Offline

Administrator

Loc: United States
Another interesting thing to do is if you have photos of a Psychopath is look at it again, if they are smiling the eyes don't match the smile in most cases.

My father wasn't a Psychopath but when I look at his pictures I can see depression (he was a severe alcoholic and many times depression self medicates with alcohol). The eyes of a Psychopath are distinct with a Psychopath from what photos I have seen and the ones in person.

Our brains are programmed I believe that a smile is something meant, not evil, then match the eyes with the smile and they don't connect with what we think a smile is from a "normal" smile. When we smile it shows in our eyes also, not theirs.

Their smile reminds me more of a smirk.

#11332 - 07/02/11 08:45 PM Re: The Eyes and tears of a Psychopath [Re: Dianne E.]
skybluepaint Offline

In regard to smiles, I think my Psychopath has 3 smiles.

1. A goofy coy smile, similar to a smirk, that look of trying to act cute when someone likes you. Usually, these were the pictures that I took of her alone. It was like she wasn't sure how to act in a photo of herself.

2. The domineering smile, like a cartoon cat with a grimace knowing that she has total control over you. These were the "couple" pictures, in which I thought we looked like a happy, in-love couple. Now I look at them and there is me, often with her arm around me, looking submissive and her looking in-control. She liked these pictures best.

3. The nonsmile. These were the group pictures when she was around other people and felt offguard, like at a party. There is that uncomfortable social awkwardness. Instead of an actual smile, it is more like a half-lip raise, a snarl. Everyone else in the photo will look happy, like they are having fun, but she'll look like Elvis.

4. The fake smile. This is the one that "appears" most genuine with lots of teeth. It would usually accompany some pose, like putting her hands in the air, trying to show happiness. I took her photo in this pose, and saw a pose of her as a youth doing the same pose. Both looked entirely fake.

One final comment on the eyes.. The Psychopath wrote to me in a song, "I look into your eyes and I see love." I read into it that she also felt that way. Now I know the comment was literal.

#11334 - 07/03/11 10:30 PM Re: The Eyes and tears of a Psychopath [Re: skybluepaint]
Summer Offline

Originally Posted By: skybluepaint

2. The domineering smile, like a cartoon cat with a grimace knowing that she has total control over you.

4. The fake smile. This is the one that "appears" most genuine with lots of teeth.

These were the two expressions I saw on my cousin's face most often. It was either these or the cold blank stare - or rage.

#11668 - 09/01/11 09:45 AM Re: The Eyes and tears of a Psychopath [Re: juffsion]
FreeBird Offline

This is so true - a smile of a Psychopath is like a weird grimace on his face. I cannot remember my Psychopath to smile normally. It was always weird. A real smile comes from true happiness inside, a Psychopath will never be able to do it quite well. And most of the smile is in your eyes. Ps have dead eyes, thus cannot show any emotion. I still remember the cold deadly stare of my Psychopath as I was staring at him crying my eyes out, telling my feelings... and his face would not move. He had tears in his eyes but that was all played. For days I'd wonder what's wrong with his emotions... There just weren't any.

It is a good way to spot one - once they smile you will immediately know something's wrong. I can see now how my, once, friend had this kind of smile also... I don't talk to her anymore. Don't wanna get in trouble again. I know better.

#11696 - 09/04/11 12:17 PM Re: The Eyes and tears of a Psychopath [Re: Dianne E.]
planetchildren Offline

I have been reading about the eyes and smile of a Psychopath. It just makes me think back to pictures and times. Her smile is so phony, a smirk, like you said. She has beady little eyes that lead into the "nonsoul" of a brain. She is cold, calculating, and demonic.

#11717 - 09/06/11 05:28 AM Re: The Eyes and tears of a Psychopath [Re: planetchildren]
BeautyForAshes Offline

My dad often smiled when he was saying something really mean. He seemed to always be mocking us with his facial expressions. My sister is worse. When she is lieing, she tilts her head to one side and bats her eyelashes or blinks rapidly and has a big grin. When she isn't doing that, she is smiling like a chesire cat. It's all very creepy and annoying.

#11720 - 09/06/11 09:47 AM Re: The Eyes and tears of a Psychopath [Re: BeautyForAshes]
FreeBird Offline

I can remember my Psychopath smile every time he told me something that was a lie - it was kind of a "nervous" smile - like a smile with a question mark in it:) Kinda creepy, I hated it and always knew something was going on.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... 10 11 >

Moderator:  Dianne E.