Topic Options
#11587 - 08/18/11 06:19 PM Information about medications...
Dianne E. Offline

Administrator

Loc: United States
Peter Breggin M.D. talks about adverse drug effects and effective therapy for depression

Truth About Antidepressants & Chemical Imbalance, Psychology

This is a document the above video refers to:
Mechanisms of Action by Dr. Thomas Kramer

Pharma Not in Business of Health, Healing, Cures, Wellness

Ex-Pharmaceutical Rep. Speaks Out

Truth about Doctors, Conventional Medicine & Big Pharma

Bad Medicine, A Psychiatrist's Control Over Patient's Mind

Beat Depression w/out Psychiatry Antidepressant Drugs

Changing Our Minds Movie Clips - click here

#13064 - 04/15/12 02:29 PM Re: Information about medications... [Re: Dianne E.]
Dianne E. Offline

Administrator

Just an update. I just underwent 2 surgeries on one of my legs due to blood flow issues. Because it happened suddenly due to the "mood stabilizer" Lamictal they don't think it can be corrected. I don't plan to have surgery on the other leg.

Please think carefully before believing medication will help. Talk therapy will help better than any pill around.

I never knew or thought that I would be in this shape due to a simple pill. I have been encouraged because lately I have seen a couple of documentaries about the dangers of these "off prescription" medications. What most people don't understand is that once our FDA approves a medication for one use it can be used for whatever the drug companies tell the Dr's about how it "might" work for depression.

I had quite a hostile meeting with the psychiatrist a couple of weeks ago when I refused to take more medications. I went to him because of feeling depressed over finding out that I will never be able to stand without pain. I told him that I wouldn't be in the physical shape that I am in if it hadn't been for medications. He basically just walked me to the door to get me out of his office. Previously he had been very attentive as long as I went along with his plans.

I have decided to try hypnosis to take my mind off the pain in my legs. I was a very healthy person before all of this.

Di

#13066 - 04/15/12 11:32 PM Re: Information about medications... [Re: Dianne E.]
FriedaB Offline

I'm so sorry to hear that Dianne! *hugs* Please know my prayers are with you.

#13068 - 04/16/12 05:34 AM Re: Information about medications... [Re: FriedaB]
FreeBird Offline

Dianne, I feel so sorry for you. I hope there's a way for you to heal!

#13069 - 04/16/12 06:55 AM Re: Information about medications... [Re: FreeBird]
Dianne E. Offline

Administrator

You are so kind, I really just wanted to post this to let people know that since our community clearly is at great risk for depression what medication can do.

Just because some Dr. hands you some medication, it isn't the answer. They all brush it off with "they all have side effects" and in reality they don't advise and the medications used are not tested. They use medications for depression that are developed for other issues and have no idea because at that point our FDA who we think is in charge puts them on "self report".

You know what their recommendation was when I refused the medication after many years, they asked if I would go along with electro shock treatment, that got me running out the door. Do not ever stop medications on your own or quickly get off them.

It took me close to a year to find a Dr. to diagnose the blood issues, when they see you are on medication they conclude that you are nuts and won't listen to you, a real catch 22. Even the neuro Dr. who pinpointed the medication wouldn't listen, he recommended another one with "less side effects", when I refused he told me to go and get back on medication and shut me out.

I was watching a documentary recently and they are actually outsourcing the human testing on people without any problems in India, gee do I smell money is at the root.

I will continue to beat this, I refuse to take a life sentence, was always very healthy until I got in the path of medication. I am going to try hypnosis because of the way my blood exploded it can't be fixed by surgery. The only hope is to train my mind to block out the pain. Even the surgeon dodge balled me and then in the end the surgery was not an option after having it. It just aggravated the problem.

Di

#13071 - 04/16/12 10:46 AM Re: Information about medications... [Re: Dianne E.]
becky Offline

I am sorry too about your condition. I hope things get better for you soon....thanks for being so helpful and selfless to all of us here even going through such trama

#13078 - 04/17/12 12:49 AM Re: Information about medications... [Re: becky]
FreeBird Offline

I remember when I was given the meds... I didnt take them. I instinctively knew they were no good, and no help at all. Which later proved to be true. As little chemistry in our bodies as possible!!!

#14041 - 11/13/12 06:07 AM Re: Information about medications... [Re: FreeBird]
lomew Offline

hello Guys i am the student of medical and recently my instructor has assign me the project about the information of medications.I seeking the data through internet and also taking help of different books.Can any one tell me the complete details about it?Thanks!!

Edited by lomew (11/13/12 06:07 AM)

#14042 - 11/13/12 10:18 AM Re: Information about medications... [Re: lomew]
Dianne E. Offline

Administrator

Hi lomew, we only have the posted information as an fyi since most if not all in our community encounter issues with depression and PTSD.

Good luck finding information, you might try doing a search on UTube.

Di