Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#12056 - 10/19/11 04:01 PM Re: Nanny cams, information gathering [Re: Dianne E.]
Dianne E. Offline

Administrator

Loc: United States
I buy from this site, can't beat their prices on mice etc, always free shipping. I always sort for lowest price first.

Cool Recorders
Check these out, what a great product to carry around so when you think about things you can make notes. Important to track every detail when dealing with a Psychopath. They even have cool pen recorders;)

If you ask most computer people this is a site that they recommend Tiger Direct . The owner of this companies is a marketing whiz, I picked up my laptop (full size screen and keyboard) for under $400 (normally you can expect to pay that for a "netbook" or "notebook" which is just a tiny PC, I prefer a bigger screen laptop, they came up with these notebook names when they started the tiny laptop versions). They move the merchandise so is you see a deal, it will not last long. 24/7 contact.

Most of the new computers come with Microsoft Office Starter. Unless you are planning on doing graphs and charts (and a whole lot smarter than I am;) because with the Starter you can do your basic word processing and Excel spreadsheets and you can use the Word and Excel Starter programs for free, it will likely come loaded with any new PC/laptop or ask if it is. No reason to pay around $150 for this the full Microsoft Office Software Microsoft Office - you can try it for 60 days for free software package. It was way more than I personally would ever do like graphs etc. and am quite happy saving the $150 and still having the programs.

There is an organization that has a mirror copy of Microsoft Office, don't worry it is legal platform so instead of buying the software here again you can save the software $ Open Office

Microsoft is phasing out XP so be sure to only buy a PC/laptop with Windows 7. As they phase out products they will stop continuing support or updates.

Some sites where I have downloaded programs, the acceptance box is checked for McAfee Security Software, make sure and uncheck that box. You don't need or want to run 2 security systems at once, you no longer have to buy Norton etc. You don't need/shouldn't or want to run 2 security systems at once, you no longer have to buy Norton etc. because Microsoft has a great free security download. Microsoft Safety and Security Center

C/NET Home, freeware, software and computer update information

For the max in security Firefox as your browser instead of IE, etc, it has some great features/aps, it spell checks, you can visit sites anon, block the zillions of ad companies that track your ISP etc., etc.

#13590 - 07/10/12 10:53 PM Re: Nanny cams, information gathering [Re: Dianne E.]
Dianne E. Offline

Administrator

Great selection of recording devices, free shipping worldwide.

TMart

#16309 - 04/15/14 10:17 AM Re: Nanny cams, information gathering [Re: ]
newtothistuff Offline

Thanks for the information on this. I hadn't even considered it. however, because we have vacations planned int the future, and My step daughter had a key for awhile which she could have duplicated, I had a friend install some nanny cams throughout the house.

#16312 - 04/16/14 08:10 AM Re: Nanny cams, information gathering [Re: ]
Dianne E. Offline

Administrator

Great information and thanks for sharing, things you would never think of and makes a lot of sense.

Di

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Dianne E.