Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#12542 - 01/18/12 07:37 PM Re: When a parent is a Psychopath [Re: planetchildren]
psychoabused Offline

planetchildren,

I know exactly what you are saying about the Psychopath wanting to be a hero to children. My Psychopath is always making me look like the bad guy and presenting herself as their friend and the "go to" person for everything. We are still under the same roof but I think if I leave so my head gets straighten out by not living in the Psychopaths circus atmosphere where she is constantly stirring the pot to make trouble and entertain herself at my expense, I can be better for my kids in the long run. I am very concerned that she'll ramp up her manipulation and head games with them if I'm not around to pick on - which is currently the only reason I stay - to help divert her aggression to me, her favorite target. I'm afraid she's already brainwashed them against me, which is very sad. Unfortunately, the person the children are around most has the most influence - she is a stay at home mom and has been their entire lives - my daughters are now teenagers - she has a tremendous grip on their world outlook. She's taught them to trust no one ever, that people aren't any good, but all animals are great, life is full of a whole lot of bad and not much good, as examples. I think it will be really hard getting them to understand or believe who she is even when they get older - kids don't want to believe their mom is a Psychopath and to admit that would basically prevent them from having a relationship with her and that is very important to them.

We need pray for the children and keep letting them know our positive positions on the things of the world and hope for the best.

#12605 - 01/27/12 11:15 AM Re: When a parent is a Psychopath [Re: Dianne E.]
planetchildren Offline

The father took the Psychopath to court for not allowing son to visit with his dad. It's been 6 months excecpt for a few hours on a Holiday since father and son have been able to see each other. Manipulation and lies from the Psychopath about dad have caused great distance between father and son.

The system worked. A wise judge made some unbelievable decisions about this case that are in favor of the boy's best interest. With very little information, the judge was able to see that something was very wrong with the situation regarding the father and son. The Psychopath's lies are catching up with her. She made statements that were so lame, the judge was able to discern something did not make sense in why the boy would not see his father.

We are so thankful for such a wise judge in our judicial system.

Hopefully, things will continue to flourish between father and son. Hopefully the boy will come to know his mother for what she really is and get away from her.

Don't give up on the children!

Planetchildren

#12607 - 01/27/12 11:26 AM Re: When a parent is a Psychopath [Re: planetchildren]
daddysproblem Offline

i'm nearly in tears of happiness to hear this..

eventually through awareness and exposure to this personality disorder by the legal and psychiatric and educational community.. and everyone else for that matter... hopefully this will become commonplace.

they say that psychopaths flourish in the united states.. alot of their characteristics are reveled here as opposed to come countries.. i believe japan is one.. where they are scorned.

hopefully we are traveling in the right direction.

thank you for your post.

#12608 - 01/27/12 11:50 AM Re: When a parent is a Psychopath [Re: psychoabused]
planetchildren Offline

Psychoabused,

My son was married to a Psychopath. They have one son together whom she has used and manipulated for her own games. I fianlly came to the conslusion that a Psychopath cannot love their children. I know that is hard to take. It was hard for me to admit. I'm not sure my son is able to fully believe that.

My son had to cut her off completely. He will not talk to her or text her. He will not receive calls or text from her. This has been a great relief for him. Although she still has custody of my grandson, we will contiinue to fight for him through the jucicial system.

The children are worth fighting for.

Planetchildren

#12609 - 01/27/12 11:57 AM Re: When a parent is a Psychopath [Re: daddysproblem]
planetchildren Offline

Thank you daddysproblem.

I was astonished in the courtroom. I wish I could give details, but right now I can't. In the past, we've always heard that in almost every situation, the judge would rule in favor of the mother not matter what the circumstances.

Things are changing. The courts are hopefully beginning to rule in favor of the children.

We have a long way to go, but it's a start.

Planetchildren

#12611 - 01/27/12 12:08 PM Re: When a parent is a Psychopath [Re: planetchildren]
starry Offline

This is truly amazing news.

#12612 - 01/27/12 12:40 PM Re: When a parent is a Psychopath [Re: starry]
planetchildren Offline

Starry,

Thank you for opening up and sharing your story. It has helped me to understand where my grandson might be in his world with his Psychopath. My heart hurts for any child that has gone through this.

Your story made me want to hang in there and continue to fight for him.

Your words and innermost thoughts do make a difference. You have made a difference in my grandson's life.

Planetchildren

#12613 - 01/27/12 12:47 PM Re: When a parent is a Psychopath [Re: Dianne E.]
planetchildren Offline

Di,

Thank you for this site and all of your advice. It has helped me stay in the fight and make sound decisions where my grandson is concerned.

I wanted to give up at times, but I couldn't.

I will keep you posted.

Planetchildren

#12615 - 01/27/12 01:19 PM Re: When a parent is a Psychopath [Re: planetchildren]
starry Offline

Originally Posted By: planetchildren
Starry,

Thank you for opening up and sharing your story. It has helped me to understand where my grandson might be in his world with his Psychopath. My heart hurts for any child that has gone through this.

Your story made me want to hang in there and continue to fight for him.

Your words and innermost thoughts do make a difference. You have made a difference in my grandson's life.

Planetchildren

You made me cry.

I don't really cry much, but it's such a relief to cry. I am so glad, so so glad.

There are people in the outside world who 'get it', who see these people for what they really are. And there are people in the outside world who are willing to help. These people make all the difference. There is so much hope.

#12617 - 01/27/12 02:01 PM Re: When a parent is a Psychopath [Re: planetchildren]
marinde Offline

Wow! I am so happy to hear this! For you, your son and grandson. It gives back some trust to hear that people are actually seeing through the lies. I am happy for you and yours.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >