Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#14121 - 12/16/12 02:47 PM Re: Facebook [Re: getaway]
Dianne E. Offline

Administrator

Loc: United States
Hello getaway, welcome to our community. Thanks for sharing your positive FB experience. Over the years several members have found great help in being in contact with other victims, glad it worked so well for you.

Quote:

The first thing the 'Psychopath' did was remove me from his friend list on FB ..... and close his account down

Typical that they blocked you from their FB account, better to keep the victims isolated from each other. Did you meet you x online? Wonder how long they will keep off of FB?

Di

#14122 - 12/17/12 04:33 AM Re: Facebook [Re: Dianne E.]
getaway Offline

Thanks for the welcome, no I didn't meet my Psychopath online ....I was introduced to him by a mutual friend frown and we are both part of the same hobby so that only reinforced things when I was suss on his past. Loads to tell, this one has made his mark on a global scale with victims in at least 3 countries and he pretty much displays all the traits.

#14123 - 12/17/12 12:48 PM Re: Facebook [Re: getaway]
Dianne E. Offline

Administrator

Loc: United States
Hi getaway, if you are willing it would be a great public service since your covers the social media aspects as it relates to healing. We get so many people who come here and can only read so your story could inspire others to look into their suspicions and also if other victims try to reach out they might find healing.

If you would like to share and have questions about opening up a thread, please let me know. The better you title your story the more people will find it and read.

Di

#14697 - 04/04/13 01:55 PM Re: Facebook [Re: Dianne E.]
overcome Offline

I have a FB profile but never gave away any personal information, just like i never did in any social network. Nobody i never met have to know what school i attended or where i work thatīs the kind of conversation you have with your closest friends or relatives and even so not giving away all the details.
As far as social networks i only use FB and it was a wonderful tool to recover since i could talk to my friends anytime and set up things to do like going to the beach, catch a movie, hit the gym, etc.
Lately i havenīt been using it much and iīm also thinking of shutting it down, since most of the things people post are essentialy stupid jokes, minor daily activities that no one cares about or philosophical quotes of books they never cared to read but i keep on using because itīs the only way i can reach some people and i hate talking on the phone.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2