Topic Options
#12278 - 11/15/11 05:41 AM A new phase
starry Offline

I seem to have entered into a new phase of my healing journey. I feel very aware of it.

I feel like I have invested a lot in healing (it's been 20 years so far) and that now I am really reaping the rewards from all the hard work I have put in.

I feel no anger or hatred any more (well, very, very little at times, but nothing that troubles me). I feel very positive, very optimistic, filled with the capacity to enjoy the moment.

I feel like I am finally able to lift my head and look to the future. And the future is one that I can shape and make my own.

Of course, I know that this whole thing is a complete roller coaster, and that next month I could be feeling very down again. I am simply grateful for feeling this way today/this past week.

Peace to all.

#12281 - 11/15/11 01:42 PM Re: A new phase [Re: starry]
1Healing Offline

Starry, good for you. It does take hard work, which is part of life, anything worthwhile takes time & effort. I'm so glad you are doing better!

#12284 - 11/15/11 04:07 PM Re: A new phase [Re: starry]
FreeBird Offline

Starry! Congrats!
I could write the same exact words!:D
It is great to see also the positive side of this stories - not only do we all suffer and go through the same, but we also heal in the same way!
I am sooo happy for you!:)

It's gonna just get better, I can assure you!

#12286 - 11/15/11 05:12 PM Re: A new phase [Re: FreeBird]
starry Offline

Thank you both.

I can't begin to describe the relief I'm feeling. Things feel easy, things that previously had felt like the biggest, most insurmountable obstacle. Even just getting up at times, and at its worst I couldn't even get up, wash my face, brush my teeth and hair and do nothing else with my day. It was all just too much.

So glad to have found myself and to feel that life with me, that life being me, is actually OK.

#12290 - 11/16/11 09:12 AM Re: A new phase [Re: starry]
Dianne E. Offline

Administrator

Loc: United States
Starry, I am so very very happy to read about your healing journey. I know you have worked so hard, you are an inspiration to everyone.

You are truly a beacon of life and we are blessed to have you and know there is hope for others through your wise words. You have worked so hard to be in this place and I couldn't be happier for you and consider you a dear friend for being so open and sharing your journey.

Here's to you, our brave friend, there is a new life just waiting for you.

Di

#12297 - 11/16/11 09:18 PM Re: A new phase [Re: starry]
1Healing Offline

At least we are able to heal. The difference in that of how a psychopath works is that they do not stop to allow themselves healing, from whatever damage, be it nature/nuture, the patterns never cease. Change is purposed, over time & with intent. True healing is with cause/effect. I still have a long way to go in all of this. I do hear you that sometimes I feel almost like the wind is knocked out me. Their lives are lived on the surface/ego, feeding off of, society's bliss, day in & day out, while those who sleep arise to find the dark exposed by their electronic light of which fades over time. The days have slowed as the weight of the world grabs, I loose of it knowing that The Light of God Shines forth. But herethereto, some days seem grim that I allowed ex h near me.