Topic Options
#13451 - 06/19/12 05:54 PM Psychopaths and STD's and a new baby
dazedandconfused Offline

When I initially met my Psychopath I was a single, beautiful, young and naïve college sophomore and he was ten years my senior. My Psychopath sought after me and aggressively pursued a relationship with me and I decided to give him a chance. While we dated my Psychopath always portrayed himself as the perfect gentleman in his interactions with me and I truly admired him for that. Nevertheless, after five months of dating I ultimately made the decision to end our relationship.

Dumbfounded by what he felt was the untimely demise our relationship, my Psychopath assured me that he would someday repay me for delivering the unkindest cut of all to his heart. Our paths did not cross again until 3 years later, when I called my Psychopath to apologize for any pain that I might have unintentionally inflicted upon him as a result of our breakup. We talked at length over the next few weeks and my Psychopath eventually convinced me to give him a second chance.

Before I ever considered taking the relationship with my Psychopath to the next level, I asked him point blank if he had any STD’s. He looked deeply into my eyes, said that he had just received his annual STD test results and assured me that he did not have any STD’s. I actually showed my Psychopath my recent test results thereby proving that I was STD free. Instead of demanding to see my Psychopath’s test results, I foolishly trusted his word and that proved to be the biggest mistake of my life. Six months later, when I was three months pregnant with my Psychopath’s child, I was diagnosed with an incurable non-life threatening STD. My Psychopath, who was present at the time of my diagnosis, had a smirk on his face when he subsequently informed me that he had purposely infected me with the disease as retribution for breaking up with him all those years ago. Had my Psychopath, been upfront and honest with me about his incurable non-life threatening STD instead of blatantly lying to my face, I certainly would not have engaged in a sexual relationship with him.

When my Psychopath maliciously infected me with an incurable non-life threatening STD, he ultimately destroyed my life and singlehandedly sentenced me to a lifetime of pain, solitude and despair with no foreseeable way out. How can I ever begin to heal emotionally when I am forced to endure an existence of frequent physical pain which serves as a constant reminder of what my Psychopath knowingly and intentionally did to me?

#13452 - 06/19/12 05:57 PM Re: Psychopaths and STD's and a new baby [Re: dazedandconfused]
Dianne E. Offline

Administrator

Loc: United States
Hi dazedandconfused, welcome to our community. What happened to you is what I have always been highly concerned about with our community. I am so very sorry this happened to you.

Protect Your Health

I have read of cases where there has been action against this type of thing but don't think you want to engage to prove what he did to you since it could be a hard horrible ordeal.

If you don't mind my asking what kind of STD did he infect you with?

Does he know you are pregnant? If not I would certainly not tell him to protect your child.

If it is okay with you I would like to start a new thread about this specific topic because of all of the people who read here, I want them to know first hand what the implications of a relationship with a Psychopath can lead to.

We are here for you and I am so truly sorry for the pain you are in. I can't say it will be easy but you can heal and have a better life. I hope you will let us help you on your path to the person you are that is buried under this horrific ordeal.

Di

#13453 - 06/19/12 05:59 PM Re: Psychopaths and STD's and a new baby [Re: Dianne E.]
dazedandconfused Offline

Di,

Thank you for your words of encouragement. In answer to your first question, my Psychopath intentionally infected me with herpes simplex virus 2 (HSV-2), otherwise known as genital herpes. I wanted to pursue criminal charges and civil suit against my Psychopath for what he did to me, but my mother urged me not to.

I do think that it would be an excellent idea for you to start a new thread about this topic.

The following response pertains to your second question. My Psychopath and I initially maintained a long distance relationship and it wasn’t until I relocated to be in closer proximity to him that his tangled web of deceit and manipulation quickly began to unravel. My psychopath had led me to believe that we were in a monogamous relationship, but much to my surprise and dismay, I discovered that my Psychopath had been sexually involved with at least three other women the whole entire time that we were dating. One of the women was our co-worker Bea (this is not her actual name, but what I am calling her for illustrative purposes). I found out that I was pregnant with my Psychopath’s child within two days of discovering his infidelity. Being the naïve person that I was, I prayed that my Psychopath would see the error of his ways and have a fervent desire to become a better person for the sake of our child. When I informed my Psychopath of my pregnancy he told me that he loved me but was not in love with me. My Psychopath said that he was in love with Bea and that he wanted to marry her. He subsequently suggested that I terminate my pregnancy, but I refused. He then began to alienate me publicly absolutely refusing to acknowledge my presence while at work. Each day thereafter, I had to muster the strength to return to work where I would see the vile disgusting monster that maliciously infected me with HSV-2 as my belly began to swell with the fruit of his seed. Once it was evident to my co-workers that I was pregnant, rumors began to circulate throughout the office that my Psychopath was the father of my unborn child.

My Psychopath attempted to quash these rumors by adamantly denying that he ever had an intimate relationship with me to anyone that would listen. He then attempted to deflect suspicion from himself by falsely claiming that another co-worker had actually impregnated me. Much like the protagonist Hester Prynne in Nathaniel Hawthorne’s book The Scarlett Letter, I was subsequently ostracized by everyone. This crushed me emotionally as I had never been unfaithful to my Psychopath. Then when I was six months pregnant, I received yet another devastating blow: my unborn child was diagnosed with a rare congenital defect (Dandy Walker).

I subsequently sank into a deep depression and I reached out to my Psychopath for solace, but he only offered me a cold shoulder in return. Three months later when I arrived at the hospital to have our child, I called my Psychopath because I desperately wanted him to be there to witness her birth firsthand. When my Psychopath answered the phone he callously asked, “what are you calling me for?” and even though I told him, he never bothered to show up. Our child emerged with a number of medical problems and had to be transported to a specialized hospital within hours of her birth. She remained hospitalization in the NICU for six weeks before I was finally permitted to bring her home. For some bizarre reason, Bea felt the need to me that my Psychopath had visited our child while she was in the NICU, which the hospital staff had already told me. Bea further advised that my Psychopath informed her that he felt “numb” after seeing our child, who bears a striking resemblance to him, for the first time.

My Psychopath refused to sign our child’s birth certificate as he did not want his name to appear on the document. I filed child support documents so that I could at least receive some financial assistance from my Psychopath, if nothing else. Four months later when our daughter’s health insurance and first child support payment were deducted from my Psychopath’s paycheck, he was exposed to our co-workers as a liar. Bea refused to marry my Psychopath and eventually broke up with him. Shortly thereafter my Psychopath allowed his performance at work to suffer tremendously and as a result, he was terminated. My Psychopath has been “self-employed” ever since and is currently delinquent nearly $40,000.00 in his court ordered child & medical support for our child.

dazedandconfused

#13454 - 06/19/12 09:28 PM Re: Psychopaths and STD's and a new baby [Re: dazedandconfused]
Dianne E. Offline

Administrator

Hi dazedandconfused, I have some information for you regarding Herpes. I had a severe case of shingles which are all in the same family and found some great natural remedies. Tomorrow, I'll find the thread for your information. I also plan to look up your babies condition to understand it better.

Di

#13458 - 06/20/12 12:20 PM Re: Psychopaths and STD's and a new baby [Re: Dianne E.]
Dianne E. Offline

Administrator

Hi, you have brought up an excellent topic that deserves its own forum. STDs are a rising problem with Herpes leading the pack, here is the new forum I set up to discuss it

STDS - Herpes

#13479 - 06/23/12 07:02 PM Re: Psychopaths and STD's and a new baby [Re: Dianne E.]
hisonlyqueen Offline

Hello everyone on this thread,
dazeandconfused you are not alone it happened to me as well. My Psycopath told me 4 months into our relationship that he had been diagnosed with Herpes years earlier to calm me he said it was low levels and to to think any of it. Once I tested positive the nightmare got worse, he kept telling me that we were condemned to be together forever and that he actually felt happy because now he knew no other man would take me therefore i would stay with him.
Months later during our hearing petition for injunction against him, he said to the judge that he broke up with me because I was tested positive with the virus and that I was upset and wanted revenge, he showed a copy of my lab result. I had nothing to show, his result was only one point off and the doctor said that was at the margin and considered negative but the lab technician had said that it is read as positive. but I had no copies of his lab results, so I did not even brought that up in court. my petition was dismissed.