Topic Options
#13547 - 07/03/12 12:27 AM Psychopath on antidepressants
NotCrzy Offline

I did a search and couldnt find any results so if there is already a thread can someone direct me to it?
Does anyone have experience with their Psychopath on antidepressants?

#13549 - 07/03/12 09:58 AM Re: Psychopath on antidepressants [Re: NotCrzy]
Dianne E. Offline

Administrator

Loc: United States
Hi NotCrzy, I don't recall this conversation. I can tell you from personal experience that anti depressants can make a person feel crazy. I was put on them for years a variety that keep increasing, mood stabilizers, anti depressants and a ton of others to the mix and found they kept me depressed and feeling horrible about myself.

However that said, if a Psychopath told me they were taking them their lips would be moving and I am not sure I would believe them but think more a move to get sympathy or an act to explain away their horrific behavior and win a person back getting them to think they are "working" on their issues.

If you would be able to explain more perhaps I could have more input, did the Psychopath in your life say they were taking them?

Di

#13556 - 07/04/12 08:26 AM Re: Psychopath on antidepressants [Re: Dianne E.]
NotCrzy Offline

Hi di,

I have taken antidepressants in the past and found they were ok once i had stabilised on them.

Yes, the Psychopath i am involved with is taking them. I have seen him take them and been to his doctor to get a repeat script so it is real. But i also dont think he takes them as prescribed (ie forgets to take daily). His behaviour seems to be getting much worse, especially sexual obsessions and agression. He believes he is depressed due to loneliness ( due to me not leaving my family to be with him more often, i only spend every second week with him and communicate online in the alternate week). I know i am not the cause of his lonliness.

Any other experiences with Psychopath s on antideps?

#16984 - 09/19/17 12:54 AM Re: Psychopath on antidepressants [Re: NotCrzy]
Crogan_75 Offline

I was also in a situation of depression and adopted the habit of antidepressants. Soon I started taking the drugs as well which made my survival even harder then I decided to get the treatment from the (link removed) center which helped me thoroughly.

Edited by Dianne E. (09/19/17 07:03 AM)
Edit Reason: Link removed, we don't promote services, Thanks for yoru understanding.

#16985 - 09/24/17 07:09 AM Re: Psychopath on antidepressants [Re: Crogan_75]
DadofRad Offline

My son (psycho) has been on prosac for the more than a year now. That combined with seroquel, has been more effective than other meds. I think basically that the prosac helps regulate his moods and the seroquel helps to calm him down and make him less aggressive. If you read my history, it obviously has not cured him or even made him manageable for a home environment, I think it just helps to make the episodes less frequent and less severe. It also helps him sleep which I think many psychos suffer from, and that can go along way in mood regulation too.

Dadofrad

Edited by DadofRad (09/24/17 07:10 AM)

Moderator:  Dianne E.