Topic Options
#13889 - 09/28/12 10:41 AM I have a restraining order
zzzchick Offline

I have a restraining order from the courts against some one who has been harassing/stalking (via the internet and post/telephone calls) me for a very long time.

This person has been diagnosed as a delusional paranoid with psychopathic tendencies. This person is now threatening to kill me - how worried should I be as in the past the threat has never been carried out?

The person in question has decided that I am the psychopath and they the victim.

Have not been in touch with this person for many, many years, i have always taken all the missives to the police.

This time disinclined to do so as this is what the person wants, more attention and maybe prison to be seen as a roof over the head.

This person would see my going to the police as another attack on them rather then a way to stop them from attacking me. My harasser will never take any notice of the courts or the police as they believe that they are above the law.

I don't really have the time or emotional energy to put up with yet another court case.

By not going to the police am I putting the safety of myself and my family at risk? the person in question would not have the where with all to travel to carry out their threats, however seems to be seeking others to do it for them.

Edited by zzzchick (09/28/12 11:13 AM)

#13890 - 09/28/12 04:09 PM Re: I have a restraining order [Re: zzzchick]
Smokey Offline

Hallo Zzzchick and welcome to the forum smile

I do not have any training in dealing with Psychopath's, nor what to do in your situation, but from what I do know of Psychopaths they are very controlling, lack impulse control, do not consider consequences, and often are not concerned about consequences even if they do consider them, plus they see themselves as the victims (even when not formally diagnosed as paranoid)and they have no conscience or remorse.

Put all that together and I would not assume any threats are merely empty ones.

Accordingly please take every step you can to protect your safety. In most cases that would entail informing the Police, particularly if you already have a restraining order.

At the least it puts them in the picture, even if you don't take it to a court case at this point, and so would hopefully speed everything up should you ever need to take further action.

Stay safe.

Edited by Smokey (09/28/12 04:10 PM)

#13904 - 10/01/12 12:22 PM Re: I have a restraining order [Re: Smokey]
zzzchick Offline

thank you

Edited by zzzchick (10/03/12 01:06 PM)

#14068 - 11/22/12 12:25 PM Re: I have a restraining order [Re: zzzchick]
zzzchick Offline

OK am going to the police - again!

Can some one tell me what can be done about such a person?

Why do the authorities do nothing until some one is seriously hurt or even killed.

And why does she turn everything around and blame all those that she hurts. I will not play the victim for her even though everything she does is designed to hurt - I am through with her and no longer have any sense of sympathy or duty - she does not understand those words, those concepts, she has no idea of what havoc she causes, she cannot know as she has no contact with me or any one that knows me. The only time that she has an inkling is when content is removed from the web, or when I talk to the police and they in turn talk to her. She is getting bolder in her breaking of the restraining order almost as if she wants me to get the police involved again? maybe she actually wants to be incarcerated - I would love to see her locked up - but for how long would they lock her up?

Why is she like she is? I wish I knew.