Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#14457 - 03/19/13 06:31 AM Re: Wow! I can't believe I'm dating a Psychopath! [Re: Dianne E.]
Shayna Offline

Oh heavens no!! I didn't mean I was going to go out anytime soon and try online dating... heck I can barely manage getting together with friends right now. I know I have way too much to sort out before I try my hand at letting anyone in again. But I know there's going to be a day when I'm going to want to try, so I was more or less thinking out loud about the online dating thing. smile

#14641 - 03/29/13 07:41 PM Re: Wow! I can't believe I'm dating a Psychopath! [Re: Shayna]
galetre Offline

If I ever get out of this, I can't imagine ever wanting to try with anyone again. I feel like I would be content to be alone at this point. Good luck to all of you!

#14731 - 04/08/13 06:48 AM Re: Wow! I can't believe I'm dating a Psychopath! [Re: galetre]
Shayna Offline

So a quick update:

After going NC and blocking all forms of communication from my XP he's:

-contacting random friends of mine. All have told me, all are aware of what's going and are either outright ignoring him or keeping contact very brief and giving no info about me. Love my girls!

-he showed up to a league game I was playing in. He has absolutely NO contacts in this league and he showed up in a 'disguise'. Head down, avoiding people with a ball cap on. He NEVER wears ball caps. I found out after the game he was there thankfully, if I knew beforehand I don't know what I would have done. I have a few male friends that would have loved to drag his a*s outside and introduced him to the pavement, if you know what I mean.

I can't believe the nads on my X to show up to my game like that. Shows just how out of touch with reality and people they are.

#14735 - 04/08/13 07:39 AM Re: Wow! I can't believe I'm dating a Psychopath! [Re: Shayna]
Nan Offline

Originally Posted By: Shayna

[]
I can't believe the nads on my X to show up to my game like that. Shows just how out of touch with reality and people they are.

Yeah and good for you, Shayna. Go girl, go!
Hugs to you for being so sensible!

Nan

#14737 - 04/08/13 08:05 AM Re: Wow! I can't believe I'm dating a Psychopath! [Re: Nan]
Shayna Offline

lol, thanks Nan. Before my game one of my best friends texted me and asked if I thought he'd be stupid enough to show up; I said I wouldn't exactly put it past him, but I sincerely doubt he would. Turns out, he really was stupid enough. *eye roll*

Don't get me wrong, it's hard, damn hard, and there is still apart of me that would like to see him- but the larger part of me just wants him to go away. A much larger part of me. wink

#15185 - 05/21/13 10:26 AM Re: Wow! I can't believe I'm dating a Psychopath! [Re: Shayna]
Shayna Offline

*Whew*

So I've been gone for a while. I decided to lay low and not divulge any info online anywhere until I was sure I got my peace bond against my ex (which is basically a restraining order lite lol). He was served by the police last week and his court date is this week. I have to go to court after his date but only to get updated on the situation and speak with someone from Victim Services.

After I went total No Contact things began escalating after about 3 weeks. He was showing up to my games, leaving hand written notes at my house, emailing my friends- he even called my parents. No matter what he did I never contacted him or let him contact me. When he called my parents I felt that was the last straw, so that's why I went through the courts.

For those that are struggling with NC- push yourself to do it. I too missed my ex and desperately wanted to contact him, but the 3 or so weeks I forced myself to leave him alone seemed to be what I needed when he finally started trying to draw me back. Each time he tried to reach me and each time I resisted it gave me that much more strength and I was able to fully realize he's sick without a cure. I'm sad for that but it's no longer my problem and I just want him out of my life now.

I don't know what's going to happen next; I wonder if he'll actually leave me alone or if he'll escalate. If he escalates I now have grounds to call the cops and have him arrested. Yes, it really does go this far with these kinds of people. I've read that cluster B personalities don't know how to do closure so they keep returning, over and over and over.

So that's my little update. Hopefully I'll get caught up on the site soon. smile

I hope you're all staying safe and keeping well.

EDIT- Oh! I wanted to mention that I know some of you may still be looking for therapists and/or counselors. I guess when I go to visit the Crown Attorney they'll have someone repped from Victim Services... so maybe that would be helpful for any of you. I already found a therapist on my own but if I didn't have one I'm sure I'd find this useful.

Edited by Shayna (05/21/13 10:32 AM)

#15186 - 05/21/13 11:10 AM Re: Wow! I can't believe I'm dating a Psychopath! [Re: Shayna]
Nan Offline

Shayna, it's good to hear that you are cruising along at a fine speed.

Just keep going. NC works!

Nan

#15210 - 05/21/13 09:40 PM Re: Wow! I can't believe I'm dating a Psychopath! [Re: Nan]
Shayna Offline

NC certainly does work.

I talk a good talk but I still struggle. I had a little cry this evening, but I know I'm getting better. I can still say I miss him- but he's feeling much more like a ghost to me lately since I haven't seen or spoken to him in nearly 3 months.

Actually it's more likely I miss having -someone- around that will love me and not necessarily him specifically. I do get lonely, but in time that will change too. smile I'm not unlovable after all. wink

#16642 - 10/02/15 10:32 PM Re: Wow! I can't believe I'm dating a Psychopath! [Re: Shayna]
Nathaniel Offline

Dear Shayna, this guy will not bring anything positive into your life. If you stay in contact with him, you will have constant questions and anxiety and fear. Whatever label we give him, he is not a good friend, companion, or lover. Stay away from him. He could even be dangerous.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Dianne E.