Topic Options
#15380 - 06/22/13 07:54 PM Personality Disorder Test
galetre Offline

I took the personality disorder test again today. I haven't done this for a couple of years. This is way worse than the last time. Funny how the only one that is low is Antisocial. I hate what he has done/is doing to me. My family, too. My oldest son wants to become a criminal psychologist.

Disorder | Rating
Paranoid: High
Schizoid: Moderate
Schizotypal: Moderate
Antisocial: Low
Borderline: Very High
Histrionic: Moderate
Narcissistic: Moderate
Avoidant: Very High
Dependent: Very High
Obsessive-Compulsive: High
URL of the test: http://www.4degreez.com/misc/personality_disorder_test.mv
URL for more info: http://www.4degreez.com/disorder/index.html

#15396 - 06/24/13 06:08 AM Re: Personality Disorder Test [Re: galetre]
crocodile Offline

I'd not bother with this. I have real issues with the psychiatry and their DSM since I realised how it all works in practice. While I believe that there exists some people with these personality "types" I don't think you can just become a "borderline" or "narcisst" out of the blue in your 20-30s. The features displayed in these tests are also normal personality traits and you can go borderline or paranoid or whatever for a period of time after a traumatic experience in your life and a relationship with a Psychopath certainly is one. I was diagnosed BPD myself 4 years into a relationship. I was not one before and I re-took the test lately and I'm not one anymore. In other words - I've never suffered from a mental disorder, I suffered from a toxic relationship. I still have some issues but that just proves I'm a normal human being and not a robot.

You're absolutely normal, you just have to regain yourself and don't go to a psychiatrist to diagnose you and throw drugs at you and make you believe you're flawed and have no hope for a good life until you give yourself over to the doctors. That can only do more harm. If you need help and have no from friends and family find a good psychologist (good are not so easy to find unfortunately) but be extremely careful with all these "diagnoses".

And paranoid is the only right way to look at the world with a Psychopath - all you have to do is learn how to spot people who deserve to be paranoid about. My Psychopath told me I was paranoid and I was right almost every time. That means my paranoia was the true perception of reality at that given time. Now I had to learn to get rid of it in relationships with others and it takes time. Does not mean one has a "mental disorder".

#15559 - 07/13/13 07:17 PM Re: Personality Disorder Test [Re: crocodile]
galetre Offline

Thanks for the reality check. I have no intentions of going to a doctor or taking any drugs, anyway. I've been through cancer, and that was enough doctors and drugs for me. Even though they saved my life, I don't like medicine. I'd rather be as natural as possible.
I did see a therapist for a while, but she was not helpful. I went to see her with my psychopath and he totally sucked her into his deceptions. It was sickening.
I tell myself everyday that I am a strong person. I am a good person. I am not defined by him. Once in a while he gets to me, but most of the time nowadays, he does not.

#15565 - 07/14/13 12:25 PM Re: Personality Disorder Test [Re: galetre]
crocodile Offline

That's the most dangerous mistake to make: go to therapy with the Psychopath. He'll manipulate the therapist and gaslight you even more.

#15566 - 07/14/13 02:10 PM Re: Personality Disorder Test [Re: crocodile]
Dianne E. Offline

Administrator

Loc: United States
Agree with you crocodile, it really can victimize the victim even worse. There have been studies and therapy and Psychopaths are a bad mix, can make them even more clever. I can't imagine seeking help, spilling out your heart with a Psychopath sitting next to you very cleverly taking notes on what to use to punish you later. Over the years way too many people have posted about the therapist turning against them and siding with the Psychopath. Therapy shouldn't be about taking sides, but being in a safe place to get help.

It is very important to screen any therapists or shrinks, just because they have a plaque on the wall and a fancy degree means very little especially if they themselves are not functional and have clear boundaries.

In full disclosure so you can determine where I am coming from I have to say that I have a strong bias against these professions, do I think they are all bad, of course not but great caution should be in order whenever a person is seeking advise about life. I had my life turned upside down, heavily medicated etc. for years so naturally I am very cautious.

On the positive side many members have found help which was a huge benefit to their life plan. Wise therapists or shrinks have been able to point the person in the right direction. It is a matter of taking control and interviewing them to see if they are right for you. Seeking help by joining a community like here or seeking professional help is the first step in knowing you have some issues to deal with.

Di

#15567 - 07/14/13 02:32 PM Re: Personality Disorder Test [Re: Dianne E.]
crocodile Offline

I think one reason my Psychopath was so clever is because he took part in family therapy as a teen because his siblings were abused. He told me it was not necessary for him and he just went there because he was asked by his parents but I guess he's learnt a lot there and not to a positive outcome for his future victims. He dragged me to various shrinks and therapists even though I didn't really want and feel like it in the first place but I was so gaslighted by him I just wanted to do what he thought was right. He was super versed in all these kind of stuff, also some "alternative" treatments like hypnosis (this I refused to do) and meditation. All that can be good stuff but can be also used against you - I believe cult use these techniques on a daily basis to brainwash their members. His current GF has had issues in the family and was in treatment before, she's not now but I bet he'll drag her to shrinks to "help" her soon enough. He already knows everything since she let him read her personal diaries from the time she was depressed. It drives me mad when I think about it, I'm so sorry for her...
And the most annoying is - none of them noticed anything fishy with him, it was all the crazy me...