Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#15939 - 08/18/13 05:05 PM Re: psychopaths and law enforcement [Re: Ishewatching]
crocodile Offline

I'd be careful about taking medication - it does not help everyone and even when it does it may take months to find the right combination. Meanwhile some of the drugs can make you feel much worse, both physically and mentally (the side effects can be devastating). If you really feel you need help I'd try a therapist first not drugs. Actually some researchers claim that anti-depressants are actually placebo for the majority of people who take them - it's only people with very severe depression who show a small benefit and that probably because their depression is truly organic and not triggered by trauma or persistent stress (I'll put in the links when I have more time to find them).
For depression I found one thing that helps for sure is sports - that's both my personal experience and there were also studies to show it. I guess meditation could help as well or any form of relaxation exercises.

#16605 - 07/10/15 12:20 PM Re: psychopaths and law enforcement [Re: Ishewatching]
landesign987 Offline

Mine is a district fire chief. So if you are in Louisiana? Beware.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Dianne E.