Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#16935 - 06/13/17 04:51 PM Re: My story [Re: Dianne E.]
DadofRad Offline

I feel for you and your brother, I also believe you are making good decisions. There really isn't much you can do in this situation, so to quote the serenity prayer "Help me to accept the things I cannot change." Staying out of it and cutting off contact keeps you sane and out of her reach. Still it must be horrible to watch your brother deteriorate at her hands. As Di mentioned, it seems the only hope here is his son. It may be wise to maintain contact with him to put bugs in his ear and show that you still care and want to keep informed about how he is doing.

Dadofrad

Edited by DadofRad (06/16/17 09:30 AM)

#16977 - 09/09/17 12:40 PM Re: My story [Re: vusly]
jewls Offline

I just wanted to ask
Has anyone else ever watched a movie and seen themselves in the movie?
I am watching "Rosemarie's Baby" and it is uncanny how similar
my life is to hers.

For her she finally became aware of her situation after reading a book about witches.
For me I finally became aware after reading about the characteristics and traits of a Psychopath. and finding this forum.

#16981 - 09/14/17 08:11 PM Re: My story [Re: jewls]
DadofRad Offline

Yes, as discussed in other threads, I identified a lot with the mother in "We need to talk about Kevin" This was the mother of a psychopath, and the movie chonicles the child's life and progression to being a killer. Lot's of similarities in our children, and after recently re-watching I saw the mother's PTSD more clearly and many similarities with me now. Do you have a child who you believe is a psychopath? Please tell us more.

Thanks,
DadofRad

Edited by DadofRad (09/14/17 08:15 PM)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Dianne E.