Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#4796 - 08/05/05 06:31 AM "Quips & Quotes to Quell the Soul"
Dianne E. Offline

Administrator

Loc: United States
The Mouse Story

My version rewritten from an old tale

A snake and a little mouse were sitting beside the lake and as the clouds grew darker and the rain increased the little mouse was chattering about getting across the lake to his family.

The snake noticed the mouse was trembling more and more. The snake turned to the mouse in a very kind voice, and asked, would you like to hop on my back and I will take you across. The mouse was very happy and thankful.

The mouse hopped on the kind snakes back and they headed across the lake swiftly. They had a nice chat across the way. The mouse told the snake of his good fortune to meet such a nice snake and to help him in his time of need. When they reached the other side of the lake as soon as the mouse started to say thank you the snake started to kill the little mouse.

The mouse screamed very loudly and shrieked in horror begging the snake to stop and asking the snake why was he would do that. The snake simply replied, because that is what we do.

#4797 - 08/05/05 07:33 AM Re: "Quips & Quotes to Quell the Soul" [Re: Dianne E.]
stunnedhun23 Offline

" The best mind-altering drug is truth."

Lily Tomlin

#4799 - 08/06/05 04:09 AM Re: "Quips & Quotes to Quell the Soul" [Re: Dianne E.]
tiasa1234 Offline

"A strong positive mental attitude will create more miracles than any wonder drug."
Patricia Neal

#4801 - 08/06/05 04:33 AM Re: "Quips & Quotes to Quell the Soul" [Re: stunnedhun23]
stunnedhun23 Offline

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
Eleanor Roosevelt

"Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold."
Helen Keller

"What seems like courage is really persistence - the ability to put part of yourself on hold...patience."
Barbara Gordon

"The greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances."
Martha Washington

"It is the friends you can call up at 4AM that matter."
Marlene Dietrich

"If you have made mistakes... there is always another chance for you, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose... for this thing we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down."
Mary Pickford

"Time wounds all heels."
Jane Ace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result."
Albert Einstein

#4802 - 08/16/05 08:33 PM Re: "Quips & Quotes to Quell the Soul" [Re: Dianne E.]
shattered4good Offline

"A half truth is a whole lie"
Jewish Proverb

"Be very careful if you make a woman cry, because God counts her tears."
Hebrew Talmud

#4803 - 10/20/05 02:33 PM Re: "Quips & Quotes to Quell the Soul" [Re: Dianne E.]
stunnedhun23 Offline

Living well is the best revenge -- Oscar Wilde

All that is essential for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. -- Edmund Burke

#4804 - 10/20/05 03:26 PM Re: "Quips & Quotes to Quell the Soul" [Re: stunnedhun23]
neverthesame Offline

What does not destroy me, makes me strong. - Fredrich Nietzcsche

We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated. - Maya Angelou

The longer we dwell on our misfortunes, the greater their power to harm us. - Voltaire

The choice between anger and happiness is always yours.

#4805 - 10/21/05 01:54 PM Re: "Quips & Quotes to Quell the Soul" [Re: neverthesame]
sylvie25 Offline

He knows not his own strength who hath not met adversity.
Author: Samuel Johnson

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
Author: English proverb

In time of difficulties, we must not lose sight of our achievements.
Author: Mao Tse-Tung

I often have to remind myself that nothing has necessarily worsened about the situation except my perception of it.

#4806 - 11/28/05 09:39 AM Re: "Quips & Quotes to Quell the Soul" [Re: sylvie25]
neverthesame Offline

"No matter the circumstances, YOU always control your attitude, your belief and the choices you make."

This has been a good one for me. No longer do I let someone else control how I feel.

#4807 - 12/15/05 10:52 AM Re: "Quips & Quotes to Quell the Soul" [Re: neverthesame]
sylvie25 Offline

It is never too late to become what you might have been.

It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare
that they are difficult (Seneca)

What a man thinks of himself, that is what determines, or rather indicates, his fate.
Author: Henry David Thoreau

An optimist is someone who goes after Moby Dick in a rowboat and takes the tartar sauce with him.
Author: Zig Ziglar

(Cute...except Moby was a mammal not a fish )

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Dianne E.