Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
#15151 - 05/16/13 08:26 AM Re: Do Psychopaths feel FEAR? [Re: Nan]
sweetb Offline

Mine was afraid of mice and heights. He was like a little girl if he had a mouse in his house.

#16051 - 09/30/13 12:45 PM Re: Do Psychopaths feel FEAR? [Re: 15percent]
toomuchstuff Offline

Mine seems to have no fear. He is sexually turned on by inducing fear. He likes the power dominance.

#16059 - 10/03/13 08:55 AM Re: Do Psychopaths feel FEAR? [Re: Anonymous]
toomuchstuff Offline

I agree with the lack of anxiety, my last Psychopath never got nervous. At first it came off as very spiritual but in court I could really tell it came from lack of connection to the situation on hand. It was down right creepy...He just calmly lied to the judge. The judge accepted his lies like he was hypnotized by the Psychopath!

#16060 - 10/03/13 09:47 AM Re: Do Psychopaths feel FEAR? [Re: toomuchstuff]
tangledup Offline

My Psychopath (daughter who's now an adult) only showed fear of one thing in her life - porcelain dolls. She used to say the eyes creeped her out. Which I find fascinating because my daughter is a master of scaring her victims with her angry eyes. Maybe for her it was like looking into a mirror.

#16065 - 10/04/13 11:13 AM Re: Do Psychopaths feel FEAR? [Re: tangledup]
crocodile Offline

I once asked my Psychopath if he was ever afraid of dying. He said that no. It baffled me, since I thought every human being is afraid of death...

#16340 - 04/26/14 06:21 AM Re: Do Psychopaths feel FEAR? [Re: Dianne E.]
Nolongerblind Offline

You're 100% right Dianne, they dont feel fear or recognize it in a another person either. Its not possible for them to put themselves in another persons shoes "empathy" .. so they will terrorize you and feel nothing and never respond to you feeling anything from what they're doing. With FMRI scans they have known for a long time the Frontal cortex/ Amygdala is inactive in Psychopaths. So no fear, empathy, sense of self, compassion, reflection, etc etc is realized. Its like a machine. Hence why they never learn or care to learn from mistakes... they repeat the same things over and over and over.. As well as having horrible memories, and very rarely dream if ever...

Originally Posted By: Dianne E.
Quote:
But make no mistake - they are terrified.

I have to take issue with such a statement. How can a Psychopath terrorize the victim and at the same time feel terrorized themselves. I have studied them not only from having this forum for many years but involved in cases where I got to see how they behaved up front and personal. Our forum members I believe have been terrorized by the Psychopath's in their lives, not the other way around.

If you have every read some of Ann Rule's excellent books about socialized Psychopath's I didn't walk away thinking any of the Psychopath's she wrote about were terrorized by their actions. It is usually their lack of any reaction that usually gets the police on their tail. They sure don't act terrorized when they attend a funeral of someone they murdered, quite often or in most cases that I know of their actions and lack of concern usually draw the attention of others by their behavior. I bet Scott Peterson terrorizied his pregnant wife Lacey the night he murdered her and dumped her in the San Francisco waters. At the vigil when they didn't know she was dead, he was on the phone chatting with his mistress telling her the background noise was because he was in Paris, where was his fear? and wandering around cracking jokes, he was the only member of the family not up on the podium. I don't see that as someone who is terrorized or showing any symptoms of fear but the person who terrorized the victim and really could not give a damn.

While I do believe that non socialized Psychopath's are more likely to end up in prison, I do believe they are all capable of murder given the opportunity or when the mask drops.

I feel that is offensive to our community who has in fact been terrorized and live in fear for a very long time from being in contact with a Psychopath.

You can't be in two places at the same time, how can you say that they feel terror while they are terrorizing victims?

One case I was involved in and watched closely, I saw no signs of terror and no fear over their actions, clearly it was a non socialized Psychopath but still the same (that was also their defense), the bank videos showed it all and they had entered with pre meditation (bought the guns the day or so before, had a get away driver and knew when the armored car showed up), it is my theory they knew that information because the armored car people carried guns and the odds of someone walking into the bank certainly wouldn't have guns and even if they had a concealed weapon they sure wouldn't have had time to pull it out of their pocket to defend themselves. The did NOT rob the bank but like a sport they point blank killed people as they walked through the door, I sure didn't say to myself after watching the video, hey that guy is terrorized or feeling fear. It showed me they had no conscience or feelings about their actions, they did in fact terrorize a normally sleepy, kind hearted small town where people went about their day and didn't lock their doors, they had no reason to live in fear until that happened.

The part that backs up my views is I saw the mug shot of the leader when he was booked not many hours after the crime oh and by the way, they were caught eating lunch right after the crime. He had a wide smile on his face so wide I almost threw up, I had to delete it immediately because the horror I felt was so strong, my empathy is with the victims. I don't know about you but if I was feeling terror or fear however you word it, stopping for a bite to eat would be the last thing on my mind. It is a small town and you don't meet anyone here who wasn't affected or terrorized over this horrific crime.

I don't buy that Psychopath's feel terror or fear.

I hope we can have a civil conversation but I just don't get how you can make such a blanket statement that a Psychopath feels terror or fear, it goes against what every victim here has suffered at the hands of. Who knows I could be wrong but we have never had a member enter our community who did not express the terror and extreme fear over what they endured at the hands of a Psychopath. To say the Psychopath is the one who feels terror or has any fear is offensive to me but we are a civilized community so I think I have made my views clearly.

I will leave this conversation for the members to add their thoughts. I am not going to argue the point it is counter to what I believe so others can share their views. This is just my view point.

The victims are the ones who are terrorized and live in fear not the other way around.

Di

#16603 - 06/27/15 05:24 AM Re: Do Psychopaths feel FEAR? [Re: 15percent]
cinamon Offline

Loc: uk
my experience is the only thing they fear is being caught. i live in a block of flats and my psychopath is a neighbour who has been stalking me for 2 years, ringing my buzzer, knocking on my door continually (quietly as he dont want the neighbours to no what he is up to) trying to have conversations with my through my letterbox-i now have a lock on that so he cant open it, creaping around the stairwells and up behind me when i am going into my door. i think they thrive on thinking they have power over you or things. mine also has and obsession with the communal windows if you open/shut them he will come downstairs and put them the way he wants them - top one open bottom one shut. this was stressing me out also in the end i decided so what if it is freezing cold, let him think he has control of the windows if it makes him happy. he also likes to organise the rubbish that is left outside - i really do think this gives him a sense of having control-its quite bazarre really, well i recently was discussing the window situation whith a neigbhour as because my flat is next to one of them they think i am the one that keeps opening it when it is zero degrees outside. im sure he must have heard me telling the neighbour what he does as ever since then the windows have changed. they are both now wide open. i can just tell that me telling the neighbour about this has frightened him as he does not want to be exposed, he probably is fearful that i have told her about the other stuff he has been doing as he has now started to ring her buzzer in the early hours.
the fear they have is all about them, they fear being exposed and being seen in a bad light its all about pretence they fear the world finding out what they really are.

Edited by cinamon (06/27/15 05:30 AM)

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderator:  Dianne E.