Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#11306 - 06/28/11 01:23 AM Re: The psychopath to human "translation" manual [Re: christie]
Summer Offline

Originally Posted By: christie

Has anyone noticed a Psychopaths misuse and/or arbitrary use of words and vocabulary? I have noticed that it escalates when they are under stressed or pressured to explain themselves when they don't want to.

Hi. I have noticed something odd in the language of two of the Psychopaths in my life, though they were a slight bit different. When we were kids, the female Psychopath once told me of "the trick about words" which was that they didn't mean what people thought they meant.They were just things unto themselves, unconnected to what they signified. She knew that for other people, the words and their meanings went together.

The male Psychopath also would use words in a similar way. Once, I heard him offer to pay a person some money he owed on Thursday. He came back and said, "okay, the bill is taken care of". I was puzzled because as far as I knew he wouldn't have the money then, either. I asked about it. He said no, he wouldn't have the money to pay the bill. Why did I think he would? I said, "because you promised to have it on thursday". He looked genuinely confused, and said, " But it's taken care of. I told him I'd pay it."
He seemed not to understand that the words he had spoken (I'll pay you") signified an action (actually giving the money he owed to someone). They were just disconnected from each other.

They both spoke in a barrage of words and fragmented stories. When they spoke, there seemed to be some sense in what they said, but if you tried to repeat the story to someone else, you realized it lacked much coherence at all.

#11552 - 08/10/11 04:17 AM Re: The psychopath to human "translation" manual [Re: Summer]
anonymousone Offline

From the guy I know:

"people can't be expected to be perfect"

It's YOUR fault i'm abusing you. The only problme is You and that your standards of me are too high i.e. you shouldn't hold me accountable for my actions.

"I had a dream where you were seeing another man..."

I'm accusing you of something slyly now, because later on I will revisit it when you challenge me, setting you up for my attacks later on. Or, I don't like you talking to other men. I want to know about your love life and any interactions with men you have in your life, because I control you.

"SOME people just can't see through other peoples actions and realise they are actually a good guy"

I wish you would stop confronting me about my behaviour. You should feel guilty about the fact that you questioned me, and should come back to me so I can control you again. I'm annoyed your strong on your own without me, and can see me, and YOU should feel bad about it. And everyone else should see that you are a bad person and I'm the good guy, so no one is on your side.

"The women I dated manipulated me, they hurt me and tried to control me. My heart is my biggest gift and weakness, and I would only give it to you because you're not like them"

I was the one who hurt these women, and I left them in emotional ruin and i'm going to do exactly the same thing to you. I'm going to use your guilt over not causing me pain to control you. If you ever dare to leave me, YOU are to blame. There is no good reason to ever leave me.

"I didn't know your boundaries... when i'm in a relationship, I have no boundaries. I put everything on the line"

You're the bad guy because you have boundaries. How dare you have boundaries with me? if I have no boundaries, I expect you to have none, and to let me do what I want to you, without questioning me.I always knew your boundaries, but I don't care at all. I used my knowledge of your boundaries to know how to exploit you to get what I want. Also, I want to make you feel guilty for the fact that I ALWAYS give more than you by having no boundaries. Your boundaries are just selfish.

"I'm sorry whether there was manipulation or not"

I want to make you realise that your reality is wrong so I can control you again. I'm not sorry at all, I don't care I manipulated you, I feel pity for myself that I got found out! I hope you take this fake apology though. I expect you to forgive me, like a nice, loving woman. If you don't forgive me, that makes you unforgiving, unrealistic and mean. I want to make you question yourself so I can limber you up for even more abuse and trickery! I want you to apologise to me because you were wrong.

#13510 - 06/25/12 08:56 PM Re: The psychopath to human "translation" manual [Re: anonymousone]
Kiddo77 Offline

This is amazing,because so many things here apply to "my" Psychopath...

He "borrowed" money for "a week" and when I asked him for payment a year later, he said I "make him uncomfortable" and flew into a rage. Needless to say, I was too afraid to ask again.

He describes himself as "crazy" and says his eyes "turn grey when he gets really mad."

And of course he will "always" love me.

The list goes on and on. frown

#15069 - 05/08/13 12:07 PM Re: The psychopath to human "translation" manual [Re: anonymousone]
crocodile Offline

"You are paranoid" - "You actually caught me red handed on lying and don't want to accept the ad hoc explanation that doesn't make any sense."
"You are trying to control me. I'll not accept that, I need my freedom." - "You are not letting yourself be controlled and in the same time letting me do what I want with whoever I want and lie to you about it."
"I can't do it for you because I feel sick and tired and just want to go to bed" - "I want to go to a party and pick up some girl and sleep with her and not bother with you and things I promised you to do"
"I've changed my mind" - "I forgot what lie I told you last time"
"I never plan things, I just want to do them spontaneously, it's not fun when you plan ahead. Stop pressuring me." - "If I plan something with you then you'll pester me to do it and I don't want to do anything for you. You have to be there and do what I want, when I want but I'll not be doing anything for you and with you if I don't feel like it."
"You're such a selfish person, everything has to be the way you want" - "Everything has to always be the way I want and you dare to ask me to sometimes make a compromise?!"

#15099 - 05/11/13 08:11 PM Re: The psychopath to human "translation" manual [Re: crocodile]
James23 Offline

I think that you are right on the money here.

#15100 - 05/11/13 09:10 PM Re: The psychopath to human "translation" manual [Re: James23]
1962 Offline

you are not the same person I married....I can no longer manipulate and mirror you

It was not my directive to hurt you.....damn, you survived the poisoning

You are like Jeckel and Hyde..... I am Jeckel and Hyde

If we go to court we will lose everything we worked for ... I will have to share equally rather than be

the suffering widower

#15120 - 05/14/13 02:55 PM Re: The psychopath to human "translation" manual [Re: christie]
crocodile Offline

Quote:
Then he wanted to leave right away. I told him I thought that was lame, and he goes, "This is why I didn't want do this with you. I have sex with girls and they fall in love with me."
I got so mad! I said, "That is the most narcissistic think I have ever heard anyone say in all my life!" He actually smiled widely and said, "Yes it is isn't it?" That's when I knew something was seriously wrong with this guy.
I kept asking the Psychopath how he felt, but he kept rambling on and on merely describing what had happened between us. I kept saying, "I'm not asking you to describe what happen, I'm asking how you FEEL."
He said, "Look, we're friends and we had sex, but I'm not having a relationship with you."
I reminded him, "I'm not asking you for a relationship, I'm asking you how you FEEL."
He seemed irritated that I didn't want a relationship with him and decided to be in denial when I said so. He kept acting like he wanted me to want him to be my boyfriend, even though he didn't want me in the first place! It's nuts!
I didn't even bother to explain how having boyfriends and girlfriends is illogical anyway. We are not a monogamous species!!! DUH!

Wow, now when I think about it it's exactly what my Psychopath did. He kept telling me how I'm special to him but when I pressured him to explain WTF he means by that if he's not in love and what he feels to me he just said he likes me very much. Then I asked what should be all so special about it and we were going in circles. It was driving me mad.

#15338 - 06/17/13 12:54 PM Re: The psychopath to human "translation" manual [Re: crocodile]
Phillip Offline

You're getting too emotional = You'e upset over being betrayed, but I have to bend reality so I can continue.

I am surrounded by two neighbors. One is very narcissistic, a forty year old man who can't bear to be alone. And the guy below me is an alcholic Psychopath. They both go door to door to gossip about me, and during the times when I've mentioned catching them in the act, I have discovered that they have gaslighting blackbelts in the art of lying.

A person with a conscience speaks human speak, but they speak bending of reality, and reality bends to fit whatever momentary need arises.

This is how I would make a translator for their reality. I would take a warped prism, and shine everything good and true through it. I would call the end result---"twisted". You go to sleep and find yourself in a twisted matrix where the normal rules of reality don't operate.

#15339 - 06/17/13 01:15 PM Re: The psychopath to human "translation" manual [Re: Phillip]
crocodile Offline

Well, the "too emotional" theme - if you can feel hardly any emotions than calling everyone too emotional is kind of understandable. With their incurable narcissism only what and how they feel and think is the right, "normal" way.

#15359 - 06/20/13 03:01 AM Re: The psychopath to human "translation" manual [Re: crocodile]
Phillip Offline

That's a great insight. I also wonder how the translator is used to rewrite history. This week's theme in my life has been how people change the past. I have a severe alcoholic (psychologically he behaves like a psychopath) downstairs. He rewrites history. It would be interesting to do a study. Take an event and record it on video, and keep it. A year later, ask this guy what really transpired. I can tell you that his version wouldn't coincide at all with the video.
And I have witnessed this week (which was a draining week of lies for me..uugh!) that some people's translators are just printing presses of lies. I mean they are spinning out lies from their brain like they have a black belt in it at a speed which is way beyond my comprehension.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Dianne E.