Page 13 of 14 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 >
Topic Options
#13625 - 07/21/12 09:00 AM Re: Is It Possible to Beat a Psychopath in Their Own Game? [Re: FriedaB]
Dianne E. Online

Administrator

Loc: United States
Great news, thanks a million for sharing, we can all sleep better knowing that at least one of them is behind bars wink

Di

#13629 - 07/24/12 01:12 AM Re: Is It Possible to Beat a Psychopath in Their Own Game? [Re: Naive]
GotMyRevenge Offline

Hi you guys, I am new here. I have beat my psychopath at his own game but like someone mentioned on this thread, it is a dangerous move. I almost went to prison for my psychopath ex boyfriend after I tried to kill him. It was SO not worth it! I tried to stab him in the heart and missed by 2 inches. I was so lucky to only be charged with assault with a deadly weapon. This man abused me so much mentally that I decided to kill him. HE WAS TERRIFIED when I went for it but I totally regret it. I know that people say psychopaths do not feel pain but I know they feel rage and I have made this "psychotrash" as I like to call him feel rage repeatedly. He is currently in prison after the 5th time I have put him in prison. I have no contact with him now and I love reading the pathetic letters he writes me, alternating between manipulation tactics, from begging for forgiveness in one letter and threatening suicide to acting as though we are best friends in the very next letter!

#13635 - 07/26/12 03:41 PM Re: Is It Possible to Beat a Psychopath in Their Own Game? [Re: Naive]
hisonlyqueen Offline

Good to hear they can be beaten, I believe they can! I felt like hurting my psychopath so many times...

Mine is still detained, they are having a hard time pressing criminal charges since he was so slick, the pathetic bastard! but for now he is still in jail!!

I read somewhere we can not win, because psychopaths don't feel and will not ever suffer, they say the best way is to stay away and maintain no contact, oh that is so hard! its a dangerous thing but there are ways to get back at them!

And at least we learn a lesson, to see the signs and not to let another psycho enter our lives!

here is something chilling written from a psychopath in prison.

*He will choose you, disarm you with his words, and control you with this presence. He will delight you with his wit and his plans. He will show you a good time, but you will always get the bill. He will smile and deceive you, and he will scare you with his eyes. And when he is through with you, and he will be through with you, he will desert you and take with him your innocence and your pride. You will be left much sadder but not a lot wiser, and for a long time you will wonder what happened and what you did wrong. And if another of his kind comes knocking at your door, will you open it?*
Page 21 of Dr. Hare's "Without Conscience"

#13648 - 08/01/12 12:00 PM Re: Is It Possible to Beat a Psychopath in Their Own Game? [Re: Naive]
Lisa Rosenbaum Offline

It's possible. I did it. Would I recommend others try to turn the tables on these freaks of nature? Not necessarily. Here is the crux of the problem--- The victim of the psychopath has to initiate a plan of action AFTER the anger, hurt and shock subsides, or emotions take over and the mind isn't clear enough. But at this point the victim has crossed an emotional threshold into the survivor camp. She can now rejoin the world as she formerly knew it (sort of). It's generally advisable to STAY in that world and not tiptoe back into the demonic realm for any reason.

I read everything I could on psychopathy and malignant narcissism, and then set to work, in as cold and calculating a manner as IT had used on me. I danced with the devil, spun him around, threw him up in the air and then smashed his toes under my stiletto heels, metaphorically speaking. Did it feel great? Not as much as you might think. Dancing with IT was repulsive. It would have served ME better in some ways, to have just left it alone.

I did it because my ethical and moral sensitivities were so offended, I thought justice had to be done. I had the time, the means and a plan. I also operated well within the law.

#13659 - 08/03/12 01:45 AM Re: Is It Possible to Beat a Psychopath in Their Own Game? [Re: Lisa Rosenbaum]
queenofhercastle Offline

I don't know whether it is possible to beat them in their own game purely because the game never 'ends' for them.

My MIL knows I know so much about her deceptive ways yet still has the the audacity to assume I would never dob her in.

She just turns the tables & blames our daughters for anything that has gone wrong.
Someone maybe able to explain to me why she has had this hatred of her granddaughters from the day they were born.??

The boys virtually could do no wrong, the girls could do no right. I thought I was imagining this, but as the years went on it became more & more apparent.

The most hurtful thing she has done to my now 22 year daughter, and to this day I don't know how she has coped mentally with the anguish her grandmother has inflicted upon her.
As a teenager of 16 years my daughter's boyfriend was killed in a car accident on the way to our home, she was completely devastated. At that time i worked evening shift in a nursing home, & my husband night shift. I took 2 weeks off work to look after her. She went back to school where she received counselling & support from her friends. The worst time for her was when I returned to work, she would get home from school & I didn't return until 9pm at night. She would go to her room & just sob.

One particular night, just 3 weeks after her boyfriend had died, she was in her room, crying. My husband was asleep & her sister & two brothers at home. Apparently the boys started arguing, they must of been loud enough for my MIL to come across from her
home (bringing the bully BIL) She stormed into our home & started screaming. My daughter came out of her room to hear what was going on, and with that my MIL saw she had been crying & launched her "attack". My daughter screamed at her to leave her alone,but
this must of set her off more, she followed my daughter into her bedroom (With bully BIL) he pushed the door open, grabbed my daughter by her shoulders, my MIL then slapped my daughter across the face & said "Shut up you stupid SL_T!! He's dead!! Its been
3 weeks, get over it!! She left abruptly as she entered.

I came home to a daughter who was shaking uncontrollably. My MIL had put herself to bed. The next day, she acted as if nothing had happened!!

I am so angry with myself for not confronting her, as soon as I came home from work that night. I waited & did calmly approach her, but she said my daughter had really made a lot of it up. My bully BIL did apologize to me, but I made sure he apologized to my daughter.
I cannot have any feelings except hate for my MIL, I will never forgive her.

If I could get back at her I would. It does consume my thoughts, I wish these feelings would go.

#13666 - 08/03/12 04:38 PM Re: Is It Possible to Beat a Psychopath in Their Own Game? [Re: queenofhercastle]
hisonlyqueen Offline

Queenofhercastle I really feel for you. For some reason this type of individuals have some type of power that makes us fear them and prevent us from confronting them...like if they deserve respect or are someone important.

If you think about it, your MIL is nothing, she is old and getting older, one day your children will become adults and will put her in her place. you could do it now, change the locks and tell her she is not welcome in your house anymore and not welcome to even speak to any of you,,but I know that is easier said than done. WIth any non-psychopath person it would be almost the right thing to do, just to cut them off completely, but with psychopaths is different it is a game they are playing and want to keep you attached.

The good thing is that you know about the subject and should be watching every move she makes. Just be careful and inform your kids. well good luck and keep posting I am reading smile

#13667 - 08/04/12 01:47 AM Re: Is It Possible to Beat a Psychopath in Their Own Game? [Re: hisonlyqueen]
queenofhercastle Offline

Thankyou Hisonlyqueen, I feel I have let my children down by allowing her to mentally,verbally & physically abuse our children, especially the girls. I am not the type of person to confront anyone. But once I did (About a year ago) she has been more vicious and vindictive. My husband seems to know that by not allowing her to see she has upset us is the best way to act.

I just ignore the notes she puts up & don't react when she does things that she knows gets on my nerves!!

We have put extra locks on our doors & at night we have alarm that will sense if anyone opens the doors. My husband works night shift and worries what she will do. I really don't think she would harm us, as she wouldn't be able to get away with it!!.

I'm really looking forward to moving from here, but she knows about our plans to move. She also has this property in her name, so we have to make sure we get our money back from this property when it sells. Still thats why Im working long hours & my husband as well, so we will move regardless. That will bring "shame" to her, so she will not react well when we move.

The children have seen her in action and now the boys see her as she is, evil. She used to 'buy' their affection and it worked for a while, but thankfully they saw through her, and no amount of money is worth the pain she has caused.

Once again thank you, I will keep writing, it does make me feel better.

*hugs* to anyone who is needing one right now!!

#13735 - 08/23/12 08:15 PM Re: Is It Possible to Beat a Psychopath in Their Own Game? [Re: queenofhercastle]
hisonlyqueen Offline

At the end I realize I can never beat my psychopath, even if he is in jail (which he is not, he is now free) he will never feel and never care, he is not thinking about me for one second good nor bad....as for me, I wake up every morning thinking of him, everyday I go over scenes, situations, what I would have done different, what I should've done, why he did the things he did, why I was so naive, why I was so blind, how I fell for him and question how is possible that he could he not love.....I am not free and he is not even in my life anymore.

#13743 - 08/24/12 08:52 PM Re: Is It Possible to Beat a Psychopath in Their Own Game? [Re: hisonlyqueen]
queenofhercastle Offline

Hi Hisonlyqueen, That's what they do though, they make us consumed with thoughts about how they can behave like they do.

We can't move on like they do. We are hurt and confused, they aren't. They are too self absorbed to be thinking of what they have
done to you.

I know how you feel, every moment you are trying to work out what their next scheme will be, and it really does exhaust you both
mentally and physically. They just don't care, and if you would try and explain to them what they have done, its just turned around
so cleverly that you think you are the crazy one!! You aren't!! They don't deserve any thought, and when you ignore them and move
on is when you know you are one step ahead of them. ( And that will drive them crazy!!)

Hoping you are OK. We are still struggling along here, but one step at a time.

I have spent a lovely Saturday morning listening to my MIL mowing around the property with lawn mower, under our bedroom
window. She knows we don't get any sleep ins, so does this on our day off!! Starting very early. I just thought well if your mad
enough to get up early to annoy me I don't care!!

Edited by queenofhercastle (08/29/12 06:49 AM)

#14211 - 01/18/13 06:27 PM Re: Is It Possible to Beat a Psychopath in Their Own Game? [Re: Naive]
James23 Offline

At their own game? No. I think there is something that can be done, expose them. I have been done over by three working together. I knew I was being manipulated so I let them. There is now enough accumulated evidence to expose them so I have. They didn't like it so have vilified me. Their boss tried a cover up. I have now gone over his head and his head has rolled. I now await further developments. I expect a just outcome and vindication plus some compensation. I also expect the psychopaths to be remorselessly vindictive but they can do it from the unemployment queue. It's scary but I don't fear for my physical safety as these people are cowards and would rather stab you in the back. Nevertheless I expect they will try to get someone to hurt me. For now I am keeping my distance and waiting the company's next actions.

Once you know that you are dealing with psychopaths then you can know what to expect from them. I expected the denials and the vilification and have been able to use this as further evidence to support my assertions against them.

Edited by James23 (01/18/13 06:33 PM)

Page 13 of 14 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 >

Moderator:  Dianne E.