Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
#9185 - 02/08/10 03:12 PM Is It Possible to Beat a Psychopath in Their Own Game?
Naive Offline

Since we already know what kind of monster we are dealing with, is there a way to give a Psychopath a dose of his/her own medicine? These people can just scoot off after wrecking havoc in your life and never get punished.

#9188 - 02/08/10 03:59 PM Re: Is It Possible to Beat a Psychopath in Their Own Game? [Re: Naive]
Jan
Unregistered

Psychopaths are punishment insensitive so it's pointless and also confirms they have control over our emotions. Sometimes you just have to turn away. All the time you hang on to anger and resentment it eats away at you while the psychopath just casually moves on.

If you do try to punish him you are not allowing yourself to leave the past behind. If he is in your mind he still has control and that's what you are trying to overcome. If you take control then you can say he means nothing to you and you don't even want to think about him. Maybe a little thank you that he has taught you a great lesson so you are now wiser because of him?

Jan

#9192 - 02/08/10 08:46 PM Re: Is It Possible to Beat a Psychopath in Their Own Game? [Re: ]
Naive Offline

Thanks, I guess i just wonder how can these people wreck people's lives and can just go without getting punished. I always believed that there is a seed of goodness in every human being, even the most evil ones,such naivete, that's why i named me Naive, much better word for ignorance.

#9201 - 02/09/10 09:18 AM Re: Is It Possible to Beat a Psychopath in Their Own Game? [Re: ]
Dianne E. Online

Administrator

Loc: United States
Just my 2 cents, I can't understand why the need to get revenge with someone who will never know it was revenge. It could be a dangerous game and put a target right at your own back. If there aren't children involved and you need to collect support, my advise would be RUN RUN RUN and never look back and look at this as a horrible lesson that you will survive, maybe scared for awhile but why drag out the agony?

Di

#9206 - 02/09/10 08:34 PM Re: Is It Possible to Beat a Psychopath in Their Own Game? [Re: ]
Naive Offline

I think the hardest part in being with a Psychopath is not knowing he's a Psychopath and that is why we are all here, to find answers and validate that such a person exists. Knowing who we are dealing with would enable us to build our defenses. Of course, it's different if your Psychopath is violent, you need to run as soon as you have the opportunity, but what if there are other considerations and running is not an option at the moment, what would you do? If there are no laws can protect us from these Ps, its up to us to protect ourselves. KNOWLEDGE is POWER. I agree with Elizabeth to always think what a psychopath do? maybe in our own little way we can beat them at their own game. Before, we don't know the rules, now we know.

If you say that they don't have a conscience maybe we can condition them like our pets (dogs)to do the right thing. It is a lot easier to walk away from a Psychopath who is not related to us, but what if that is your child or sister or someone you really love and care about? I know it would take a lot from us, especially if we are dealing with our child, we cannot just give up or run away. We cannot always run away from our problems, we need to learn how to deal with it head on!

I am glad for this forum, because not only it educates you, it also have people like you, who can share their experiences or coping mechanisms. Imagine, if we would be able to beat all our Ps in their own game, maybe this will be a much better world.

Elizabeth, I am glad you like my user name, it says a lot about me, but i'm learning!

Edited by Naive (02/09/10 09:35 PM)
Edit Reason: Typo

#9380 - 03/07/10 04:42 AM Re: Is It Possible to Beat a Psychopath in Their Own Game? [Re: ]
Kiki Offline

I believe it is possible under certain circumstances & am in the process of filing a law suit now.

#9382 - 03/07/10 09:30 PM Re: Is It Possible to Beat a Psychopath in Their Own Game? [Re: Kiki]
Dianne E. Online

Administrator

Loc: United States
Hi Kiki and welcome to the forum. Your story must be an interesting one if you can take this kind of challenge. If you want to fill us in with more details that would be great.

I am assuming it is a civil lawsuit?

Di

#9412 - 03/13/10 03:57 AM Re: Is It Possible to Beat a Psychopath in Their Own Game? [Re: Dianne E.]
Kiki Offline

Yes, a civil suit & fraud is one of the counts. I am actually an attorney who was conned out of money by an individual who I thought was a friend. It has been very embarrassing, humiliating, etc., but I will redeem myself. I have read a great deal about psychopaths since this incident (how I discovered this forum) and am starting to feel a lot better about this nightmare. I found that once I quit taking it so much as a personal insult and started looking at it objectively as a problem to be solved that the pain began to diminish. Initially I did have trouble drafting the complaint because I would start to get so upset that I could not concentrate. But I am making better progress now and expect to have it filed for sure the beginning of next week. I am out about $3000.00 and will be seeking $10,000.00 plus interest, court costs, and attorney fees. I will be representing myself in small claims court. The person that I live with is a good witness to most everything that transpired. Note that $10,000.00 is the maximum amount that you can file for in small claims court in Cook County, IL. I sent the psycho a threatening letter demanding immediate payment in January and as I had predicted, he moved to another apartment by February. This is exactly what I had anticipated and it will work to my benefit when I collect on the judgment. Tally-ho! (largely British phrase, used in fox hunting, shouted when a rider sees the fox)! More late next week!

Edited by Kiki (03/13/10 02:03 PM)
Edit Reason: spelling error

#9469 - 03/16/10 02:31 PM Re: Is It Possible to Beat a Psychopath in Their Own Game? [Re: ]
Clementine Offline

How i gave the psychopath who abused me a dose of just some of his medicine was being verbally abusive back to him. What else i did to him was zip a plastic bag over his head till he fainted. however i only did that for self defense. Same goes for the verbal abuse. i thought he would stop abusing me if i abused him.

#9470 - 03/16/10 02:47 PM Re: Is It Possible to Beat a Psychopath in Their Own Game? [Re: Clementine]
Lyzak Offline

Clementine,

I've been in your shoes. It's an awful feeling being verbally and psychically attacked by a psychopath. I've lost my cool before too.

I have found that the more you yell back etc and feed them the worse they act. It's hard to do but ignoring them even if they are on a roll is the best thing to do. Psychopaths want you to react. They want you to act just as bad as they do.

Ignorance Is Bliss Here
Lyzak

PS-If you have to psychically defend your self than you have too. Psychopaths goal is to get up all upset. If you verbally attack them back...psychopath is in control of the situation. You are in control of yourself. Mums the word.

Edited by Lyzak (03/16/10 03:10 PM)

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 ... 13 14 >

Moderator:  Dianne E.