#14144 - 12/31/12 06:14 PM
Genetic Mental/Physical disorders of Psychopaths Children
|
member
Registered: 12/09/12
Posts: 15
|
Hi all, I tried to research some information on the possibility of any type of health or mental disorders the children of Psychopaths are suspectible to being born with. Is there other threads on here that talk about it or does anyone know research about it? My husband is right on target for being a psychopath (but refuses to go in and be evaluated) I have no doubt that he is, but probably will never know. But I have been reading this site thoroughly for days now and I was flabbergasted at how similiar my story was with others. Plus I always had a strange feeling about it because he shows no emotion but being mad. He doesnt cry or anything???? But I want to keep it on point...
He has 4 kids that he knows of anyway (he has a sex/porn addiction) two before me with two sep mothers and two with me. (Sigh). His first son has Autism and epilipsy. His daughter mom #2 Born with heart conditions, I think murmur.
Its freaky as he doesn't really even care to see them, so he doesnt often and most of the time I don't know until that day or until they come. He makes no joint decisions by talking he "forgets to mention stuff" He spent literally 20K plus to get rights to his daughter to see her and then when he has her here... He doesn't even really acknowledge her presence. What was his point then. to prove he could if he wanted? Her sister loves to play with her, so I love having her here, but its like what in God's creation did you fight so hard for... because it wasn't for her benefit.
My daughter was born with a heart murmur and is very hyper but not diagnosed furthher with anything at this time... But she is only 4. My son is 3 and was born with Hirschsprungs, explained below:. I am curious if anyone has info or if their children that they had with the Psychopath was born with any health or mental disorders...
Chryss Hirschsprung's disease (HD) is a disorder of the abdomen that occurs when all or part of the large intestine has no nerves and therefore cannot function. During normal fetal development, cells from the neural crest migrate into the large intestine (colon) to form a network of nerves called Auerbach's plexus. In Hirschprung's disease, the migration is not complete and part of the colon lacks these nerve bodies that regulate the activity of the colon. The affected segment of the colon cannot contract and therefore pass stool through the colon, creating an obstruction.[1] In most affected people, the disorder affects the part of the colon that is nearest the anus. In rare cases, the lack of nerve bodies involves more of the colon. In five percent of cases, the entire colon is affected. Hirschsprung's disease is also sometimes called congenital aganglionic megacolon.
Edited by 007Girl (01/02/13 12:15 PM)
|
|
Top
|
|
|
#14147 - 12/31/12 06:37 PM
Re: Genetic Mental/Physical disorders of Psychopaths Children
[Re: 007Girl]
|
Administrator
member
Registered: 11/15/02
Posts: 2789
Loc: United States
|
Hi 007Girl, I tried to research some information on the possibility of any type of health or mental disorders the children of Psychopaths are suspectible to being born with I do know that research shows their is a gene component with Psychopathy. Not sure about any other disorders. Will look for the link. Di
|
|
Top
|
|
|
#14154 - 01/01/13 03:46 AM
Re: Genetic Mental/Physical disorders of Psychopaths Children
[Re: Dianne E.]
|
member
Registered: 12/09/12
Posts: 15
|
Thank you Dianne! I appreciate that article. Very insightul information and I just need to really work with the kids as they are so young. The counselor also stated that really working on social interaction with kids is so crucial. That most of the childs personality is developed by age 5 and he cannot emphasize enough, how imperative it is to teach and model empathy and considerations for others.
Edited by 007Girl (01/01/13 03:47 AM)
|
|
Top
|
|
|
#14297 - 02/17/13 09:37 AM
Re: Genetic Mental/Physical disorders of Psychopaths Children
[Re: 007Girl]
|
member
Registered: 04/21/12
Posts: 13
|
Make sure you give your children twice the love and ensure that they have an outlet whether it is sports, music, art, etc. Even if they hopefully do have a conscience, it is very normal for Children of Psychopath's to have this innately strong sense of Rage and Aggression just like their Father. Make sure you teach them how to channel it in a positive way.
|
|
Top
|
|
|
#14308 - 02/18/13 11:23 PM
Re: Genetic Mental/Physical disorders of Psychopaths Children
[Re: satan's child]
|
member
Registered: 02/13/12
Posts: 61
|
I often wonder if the ex-Psychopaths mother was also a Psychopath. He despised her, and some of the characteristics he describes in her could be a sign of psychopathy. Definitely some of the things he complains about in her are things he does excessively himself. I guess we all take on some of our parents' characteristics though - good and bad. He seems to think his siblings have no issue with his mother at all, and that she uniquly treated him badly. So maybe she wasn't a Psychopath but a normal person responding to a psychopathic child. I am happy that I will now never get a chance to meet her to have further insight into this.
|
|
Top
|
|
|
#14320 - 02/23/13 01:09 AM
Re: Genetic Mental/Physical disorders of Psychopaths Children
[Re: Dianne E.]
|
member
Registered: 02/11/13
Posts: 34
|
Wow! I just read that article about the genes being passed down. I certainly believe my husband's father was one, too and have often wondered if it was the genes, or just the way he was treated when he was growing up. My husband had a great love for his father anyway, but his older brother still to this day hates their father. Their father had at least 2 families that they know of. He also had children with at least 3 women. He was supposedly a hit man for the Mafia. I don't know if he was or not, but that would certainly fit the profile! I only met him briefly, about 20 years ago. He would spend time with both families, but was married to the other one. He never slept in my husband's home. They grew up on Long Island without any heat and their mother had to drive a car with holes in the floor. These stories I believe to be true, as I've heard them from other family members. My husband had one brother and three sisters in his immediate family. He was brutally beaten as a child, according to him, tied to a tree and hosed down in the winter, etc. He said he had to sleep on the bottom floor of their home with a door to the cellar in his room. He claims he was terrified and some alien creature dragged him from his bed every night into the cellar to perform various tortures on him. He also said he had horrifying nightmares every night as a child. I don't know if they are one and the same, or all made up, or what.
Anyway, I have so been worrying ever since we had a child together that he would have these same traits. Now I'm even more worried. He is 3 now and very manipulative. I do not allow him to manipulate me. He also seems to be quite OCD. Everything has to be a certain way or he's very upset. I don't allow for this, either. I hope it will help him to get past these problems. But he laughs, plays, and cuddles like my other two sons. The three brothers have a rock solid bond. They play together and love each other every day. He smiles in his eyes. I'm so afraid of him developing psychopath symptoms. Perhaps it will be phased out with him? I can only hope, pray, and love him.
Of course he is hurt when his father promises him something and doesn't go through with it. I hurt for him, too. Luckily my husband spends much of his time away, and when he is here, he's usually sleeping. Today he got up around 7 a.m., took a nap from 8 to 9, took another nap from 10 to 11:30, took a shower and left. He won't be back until tomorrow sometime, and will likely sleep most of the weekend anyway. He feels that child rearing is all up to the woman anyway, "Not a man's job". Fine by me. I know children need a mother and a father, but not one like that!
|
|
Top
|
|
|
#14321 - 02/24/13 05:53 AM
Re: Genetic Mental/Physical disorders of Psychopaths Children
[Re: galetre]
|
member
Registered: 04/28/12
Posts: 24
|
Hello Galetre, I too wonder about the heritability of psychopathy, and have spent far more time with the subject of Psychopaths than I probably should. After cramming my head with everything that I could find on the subject I have had to concede that an intellectual understanding of psychopathy is useful but ultimately, little comfort.
My own mother is a Psychopath and I had NO IDEA until I was trying to figure out what exactly was wrong with my ex. It took a looong time to dawn on me that what I was reading also clearly described my mother. I felt kind of silly but honestly was so accustomed to her ways that it really escaped my awareness. If the notion that psychopathy is a spectrum is true then my mother would be mid plus range, where as my ex is slithering around and about to fall off the edge on the worst end of the spectrum.
Here is what I find interesting about my ex and the heritability question; he has 4 brothers all from the same mother. Each brother has a different father. My ex is a Psychopath, one brother (many years younger)was schizophrenic and killed himself at as a preteen, another brother is diagnosed as a schizophrenic (and alcoholic) and shows signs of psychopathy. The other two were born at more stable times in the mother's life and seem relatively normal, especially the last one.
I am not blaming his mother but it is odd that one woman would produce 3 out of 5 with serious brain issues. Her genetics are the only common factor between each boy. They were raised in little stability, poverty, violence and alcoholism. I wonder what amount this contributed?
My brother and I are not personality disordered but have lasting effects (mostly esteem issues)from being raised by an unloving, uncaring mother. I do wonder about my nephew (brother's son), he has shown signs of trouble since he could talk. For instance at six he said he wants to be a police officer so he can shoot people!!! He is worrisome, now at eight he is a schemer, lies and boasts all the time, punishment does not seem to dissuade him, he is also in trouble at school. The sophistication level of his mind games and lying is far beyond his years. My mother is always trying to protect him and makes excuses, I think she sees something. It is too early to tell but I don't have a good feeling about this.
|
|
Top
|
|
|
#14339 - 03/02/13 11:59 PM
Re: Genetic Mental/Physical disorders of Psychopaths Children
[Re: trudy]
|
member
Registered: 02/11/13
Posts: 34
|
I know exactly what you mean about your Mother. I have been suspicious about my Mother being slightly psychopathic, also. I don't know about my Brother. I really don't know him as a person at all. We have very little contact, but I have always had huge self-esteem issues, and I'm sure they stem from my Mother's uncaring ways. I've always felt that she loves me in her way, and I don't think she is a full on psychopath, but she avoids people, other than my Father, who is a very quiet, caring, man. I think she has been controlling him all his married life and he honestly doesn't mind. As children, she had no qualms letting us know that she never wanted to be a Mother, but had a family b/c it was the "right thing to do". She has almost no interest in my own children and 9 years ago moved across the country, 2,500 miles away. When I was sick with cancer 7 years ago, and just divorced, and just unemployed with a 6 year old and an 11 month old baby, she did not come to help me out. I was SUPER alone. She wanted to know when she could come visit me when I wouldn't be sick. It just hurt so much. I thought that was what families were for..helping each other out when you really need it. She didn't have any reason not to come, no job, no obligations, no money problems, she just didn't want to come.
Of course, that was when Mr. Crazy came back into my life and snatched me up again. I didn't know any better at the time, and I was alone, sick, broke, and desperate. Perfect bait for a psychopath, eh? When I figured it out, I was really trapped. I still am, but it's not so bad, now.
I just wonder, not really, I just know that being raised in that kind of situation really primes you to be victim of a psychopath. You don't really know anything is wrong with that kind of behavior, since you were raised with it. It may even be attractive to some sick part of our brains.
My two older children seem to be fine so far. My youngest worries me a little bit. I pray for him and give him lots and lots of hugs.
|
|
Top
|
|
|
|
|