#14834 - 04/17/13 07:27 AM
So nervous.
|
member
Registered: 04/16/13
Posts: 5
|
Hi everyone.
I've been reading over this forum and after a couple of weeks of reading, I finally worked up the courage to post.
I've found reading your stories and advice so comforting.
I can't believe I didn't work out what my ex was for so many years. I guess when he first came into my life he was unpracticed and not as good at his manipulations of me. However, looking back, all the signs were there. I guess over time i chose to forget those red flags and the reasons i left him and just remember the good times.
But now 10 years later, in his second comming into my life, he is more ruthless, more seductive in his persuit of me. To the point where I have thrown my own morals out the window. I think it is this that disgusts me the most. He seduced me into cheating on my husband. I allowed him to manipulate me to the point where I supplied him with all the ammunition he needs to destroy my happy life without him. I know I must accept responsibility. In the end I made the choice. But it is hard to say no when it happened so gradually, such small little increments. I guess he just kept "moving the goal posts" on me until I became so obsessed with pleasing him I didn't think about anything else.
Now I have realised what he is. I have started no contact and it's been a few weeks. I want him gone, out of my life, so it's easy not to talk to him in that sense. What isn't easy is the fear of the repercussions of no contact. There has been, in the past, threats of telling my husband about my affairs. I don't want to leave my husband or tell him. I know intellectually I should tell him. But it's hard.
If my story sounds disjointed, I apologise, but I'm so anxious all the time. I hope sharing this will give me comfort and strength to take responsibility for my actions and keep me out of his clutches in future.
|
|
Top
|
|
|
#14841 - 04/17/13 05:59 PM
Re: So nervous.
[Re: SeemsNormal]
|
member
Registered: 03/16/13
Posts: 72
|
Dear Seems normal,
No contact is a good thing. How's his contact with you? Is he trying? The worry that he might 'out you' to your husband must be a terrible stress. If he's holding no contact and the longer, he might move on. If he starts to escalate, you might want to think about coming clean before 'an incident' , that way he loses power over you and your husband. A difficult choice on your part . Certainly don't try to talk to the Spath about your concerns, or try to appease him, he will pick up on the manipulation and use it.
Good luck with this dilemma and Stay Safe.
Edited by warrioress (04/17/13 06:02 PM)
|
|
Top
|
|
|
#14843 - 04/17/13 06:32 PM
Re: So nervous.
[Re: warrioress]
|
member
Registered: 04/16/13
Posts: 5
|
In the past when I have said I wanted to end it he has threatened, but not this time. When I broke up with him the first time he contacted my new boyfriend to tell him I had cheated on him. But this time he is married and maybe telling my husband could be risky as he has a marriage to lose also.
His contact with me has been slow. I guess it's because since January I have been trying to distance myself from him. Trying to become boring to him so he would move on. I'd take longer and longer to reply to his emails (we live very far from each other so the Internet is where we talk) to the point where his emails have dropped off. I stopped replying about three weeks ago. I have had several emails since then, but only one or two a week.
|
|
Top
|
|
|
#14853 - 04/18/13 09:40 AM
Re: So nervous.
[Re: SeemsNormal]
|
member
Registered: 03/05/13
Posts: 120
|
No contact is a good thing- 3 weeks is awesome, way to go! But he's still contacting you via email, and you're still reading them, right? In my book that's still contact. His words are still affecting you. Block his email address or better yet- change your email addresses. Don't let him in at all. Distance is a good thing too!
|
|
Top
|
|
|
#14854 - 04/18/13 09:44 AM
Re: So nervous.
[Re: Shayna]
|
member
Registered: 03/05/13
Posts: 120
|
And I wonder if that anxiety you're feeling is cognitive dissonance. Have you thought about going to therapy? I had a very hard time with my CD fr weeks but it began to unravel when I started therapy.
|
|
Top
|
|
|
#14856 - 04/18/13 10:06 AM
Re: So nervous.
[Re: SeemsNormal]
|
member
Registered: 02/01/13
Posts: 206
|
SeemsNormal,
Welcome to the site. I think you will find a lot of answers and support here. The advice of NC is certainly the best. Shayna is right, it also includes electronic contact and social media such as facebook. NC is difficult, but will help you break your addiction to this person. Keep reading and keep posting- we are here for you.
Edited by 1962 (04/18/13 10:08 AM) Edit Reason: typo
|
|
Top
|
|
|
#14876 - 04/22/13 01:28 AM
Re: So nervous.
[Re: 1962]
|
member
Registered: 04/16/13
Posts: 5
|
Thanks everyone for your helpful responses.
The stress is huge, it could be cognitive dissonance. I am trying to justify what I did by saying he MADE me do it. But I feel like, although I was a willing participant at times, other times I wanted to stop, to pull back on the things he 'suggested' I do, but was not allowed to. The continual 'suggestions', especially at times of heightened arousal made it hard to say no, if impossible.
Am I a fool for trying to justify my actions? Or am I just trying to come to terms with the things I did. Things I would never have done without the encouragement and suggestions him.
What do you guys think?
|
|
Top
|
|
|
#14877 - 04/22/13 07:28 AM
Re: So nervous.
[Re: SeemsNormal]
|
member
Registered: 03/16/13
Posts: 72
|
Im not 'totally' sure what you are saying, but my 'guess' as to my own experience is that you went out of your comfort zone and did some things you might be ashamed of, and it looks sexual. On those points, I wouldn't work it over. Seriously? The least of our problems is the great sex, or slightly ashamed sex we had with the Spaths. It might be the only great or fun thing we take away from the experience. If I've read you wrong, forgive me. Sex with Spaths can be great and unleashed. You get all kinds of exciting stuff because THEY need Extra. If you liked it, it's ok. If you feel a tiny but ashamed it's ok too, if you weren't harmed. The way I feel about sex, it's All Good. The bad is when it goes bad. And it does. That was the sucky part.
For example: We had great sex, all over the place, you name it, it was in play. but then sometimes he'd try to hurt me, I complained and he would get mad, he said 'that's the point' but I resisted pain, no way. I insisted that play was 'erotic' but without pain, but I saw he was angry about my not going for it.
Edited by warrioress (04/22/13 07:34 AM)
|
|
Top
|
|
|
#14878 - 04/22/13 10:43 AM
Re: So nervous.
[Re: warrioress]
|
member
Registered: 04/15/13
Posts: 6
|
They are ALL into kinky sex, aren't they? I did not have sex with mine, being that I'm married and many many states away from him. But we did have a chat once and the subject came up. I made a reference to pain and he got very excited and said, "S and M, baby!" and so on. It was all supposed to be in jest, but looking back, I'd say that no, it was not in jest for him. Sometimes I wonder if the guy he was involved with (I believe he used both men and women equally, depending on who came along) ...I wonder if he got him to do things outside his boundaries because he seemed terrified to hear from me and to be told what I knew about the Psychopath. Hmm.
|
|
Top
|
|
|
#14879 - 04/22/13 11:06 AM
Re: So nervous.
[Re: Joi1967]
|
member
Registered: 01/12/04
Posts: 501
|
They are ALL into kinky sex, aren't they? I think so, yes. So long as they are not on the receiving end  . Their relationship to BDSM is predicated on them being the giver of pain - never the other way around. Incidentally, they do not uphold agreements about what is called power-exchange, which is NEVER forced but always voluntary and need not, if ever, involve pain of any kind. Consensus is the password so to speak. A psychopath into BDSM is a recipe for disaster. Run! Nan
|
|
Top
|
|
|
|
|