Hi Di,
This is what I noticed by reading study cases. It seems to me the methodologically proper approach would be to analyse the types of " tools for the job" that specific psychopath needs. This is what will define the victimology, I believe.
The one I was associated with had three types of victims, consistent along over two decades:
1. "the fast buck": he constructed himself as a digital celebrity and would "borrow" money by private message from his admirers;
2. "the big buck": he worked these people longer, like his last boss, whom I personally got to know. The money stolen would be around a couple of thousand dollars
3. the women. He married two, I was the last and it lasted exactly three weeks (until he was arrested, I did my research and found out the whole thing). We were identity tools. He needed us to hide and "play normal" in society. Among our community, where I am quite well known (which is certainly why he chose me), published, etc., all his fake stories were automatically believed. After all, he was "Hegin's boyfriend/husband"
So, no, there was no emotional abuse whatsoever. I feel most female victims on these forums are emotional victims of the relationship. I planned suicide because of the blow this relationship caused me: financially, professionally, etc. I am a workaholic and my work/career/sport career is the most important thing for me. He screwed those. I don't have any emotion concerning him (he never existed: how can I miss a fictional creature?). But any blow on my career is something very destructive on me. That is why I registered here and elsewhere. My friends believed I needed support...