I've lived all over the U.S., had friends and neighbors from all different backgrounds, but while I occasionally met jerks, I've never seen or experienced this on such a widespread scale- it's virtually everybody. Individuals I've known here are in all adult age groups, male and female, a variety of racial/ethnic backgrounds, so there doesn't seem to be any "common denominator" except environment. I'm at a loss as to how to deal with it.
1. Individuals look at "their fellow human beings" not as people but as sources for whatever they happen to want.
2. While they 'act nice' when they want something, at other times they make it clear they do not like the people they take advantage of.
And on the few occasions when I politely used the word 'no' or variations, the individuals got downright vicious. It's like they fully believe they are entitled to other people's resources.
Any input?
Edited by SilverRose (09/16/16 04:07 PM)