Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#7763 - 01/12/09 08:24 PM Re: I'm So Afraid [Re: Dianne E.]
Deb Offline
member

Registered: 02/25/06
Posts: 85
Dianne,

Please forgive my slowness in responding to this post. I have thought about your words since I read them and have concluded that perhaps at some point I shall be able to elaborate on my struggle, however I haven't completely and truly come out on the 'other end' quite yet. This is indeed a process and sometimes I can clearly see and clearly communicate about certain aspects of it, while at other times ~~ nope, I got nothin'. Things have clarified along the way and at some point I know I will see the whole picture, but my journey is still not totally clear to me at this point.

Still integrating, after all these years...

Thank you and hope all is well with you.
Deb

Top
#7935 - 04/09/09 03:14 AM Re: I'm So Afraid [Re: sarah]
sarah Offline
member

Registered: 12/24/05
Posts: 82
Loc: U.S.A.
Thank You All... Deb, you made me smile! You always know just what to say!
_________________________
Sarah

Top
#8053 - 05/27/09 08:21 AM Re: I'm So Afraid [Re: sarah]
terz Offline
member

Registered: 05/27/09
Posts: 3
I dont know if this has been suggested but what you could is try fogging. When your sis says somthing hurtful you just agree and say "sure great" and stuff like that.


Edited by terz (05/27/09 08:30 AM)

Top
#8054 - 05/27/09 10:21 AM Re: I'm So Afraid [Re: terz]
Jan
Unregistered


Hello Terz

That is a good suggestion because it is so difficult to counter.

Could I ask why you have to come to the forum? There is no need to answer if you don't want to but if you do have a problem with someone you think may be psychopathic I hope we can offer you support.

It's always good to get fresh input in coping with issues our members have and all suggestions that may be helpful are appreciated, especially if it comes from personal experience and successful results.

I hope we hear more from you.

Regards
Jan

Top
#8067 - 05/28/09 02:56 PM Re: I'm So Afraid [Re: ]
PsychopathSearcher Offline
member

Registered: 05/28/09
Posts: 4
Hello, Sarah; don't kill yourself!!!!! You can feel and love and live a life of warmth and color and feeling; your sister never will and she knows it; that is why she tries to destroy your happiness. Hold onto yours. Hang in there & KEEP ON GOING.

Top
#8073 - 06/01/09 02:19 AM Re: I'm So Afraid [Re: PsychopathSearcher]
terz Offline
member

Registered: 05/27/09
Posts: 3
There's this guy at my school who is obseesed with me. He keeps on putting pictures of me with cut out pictures of my friends with his faced taped to it and also he keeps on putting screwed up pictures of my friends in my bag and im so scared and freaked out.


Edited by terz (06/01/09 02:20 AM)

Top
#8074 - 06/01/09 05:05 AM Re: I'm So Afraid [Re: terz]
Jan
Unregistered


Hello Terz

It is a very odd thing to do but he could be doing it for many reasons. He may just be very immature and not able to express himself in the usual ways.

Whatever the reasons, I can understand how worrying his actions are. Not knowing what is going on in someone's head and their motivation is scary.

Firstly, don't let this person see your reactions, that is the first step to not becoming a victim. I presume he does not intend anyone else to see the pictures so could you make a point of taking them out of your bag and calmly deposit them in the bin in front of your teacher and other classmates? Hopefully it should make him think twice about doing it again but if not it would be a good idea to take them to show teachers, friends, your parents and if it gets too bad then take them to the police if you feel you are being harassed.

Maybe others have had the same problem with this person so could you find out by asking around? Do you know anything about his background?

Please don't isolate yourself with this problem, that is another way of becoming a victim.

Regards
Jan

Top
#8077 - 06/02/09 06:39 AM Re: I'm So Afraid [Re: ]
terz Offline
member

Registered: 05/27/09
Posts: 3
I asked around and he was only doing it to me and also the thing you told me about throwing it in the bin made him worse. He is now stalking me and my friends after school and he threatens my friends. Can anyone tell me what to do?

Top
#8078 - 06/02/09 06:59 AM Re: I'm So Afraid [Re: terz]
Jan
Unregistered


Hello Terz

I think it's time you collected all the things he has given you and show the school staff and your parents as well as telling your friends to tell their parents. The staff may be able to speak to his parents about this. There is strength in numbers.

Maybe it's time for you and your parents to speak to the police.

Is there any reason you are reluctant to tell anyone about this? There is no need to cope with this on your own.

Please take some action as soon as possible as it will go on as long as you allow it to be a hidden problem.

Let us know how you get on.

Regards
Jan

Top
#8090 - 06/04/09 11:48 PM Re: I'm So Afraid [Re: terz]
Deb Offline
member

Registered: 02/25/06
Posts: 85
terz,

I would have to agree that it is time to go to the authorities. I would think that this guy is counting on you cowering and reacting with fear to what he is doing ~ in other words 'getting small'. In a counter-move, I think you instead need to get as big and loud as possible ~ tell those in authority what is going on and the more people you make noise to the better. Open up the situation and expose him to the light ~ 'get big' in any way you can think of.

Very best regards,
Deb

Top
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Dianne E.