Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10
Topic Options
#13788 - 09/03/12 08:50 PM Re: Psychopath Brother [Re: Smokey]
twin Offline
member

Registered: 09/05/10
Posts: 74
Thank you for responding. I'm just worn out.

Top
#13798 - 09/06/12 03:38 AM Re: Psychopath Brother [Re: twin]
Dianne E. Offline

Administrator
member

Registered: 11/15/02
Posts: 2789
Loc: United States
Hi Twin, although I have never walked in your shoes, I feel a deep feeling of empathy for your pain. I am so very sorry for what is going on, it has to be the worst thing a person could imagine.

Di

Top
#13825 - 09/11/12 01:06 AM Re: Psychopath Brother [Re: Liz123]
Summer1238 Offline
member

Registered: 09/08/12
Posts: 1
I'm new to this, not sure if Liz123 will get the message.

Your story is amazingly similar to mine. I could not believe what you wrote. It sounded almost exactly like mine. If you care to hear my thoughts or some advice, please respond. I think I could help you deal with this.


Summer.

Top
#13836 - 09/11/12 09:42 PM Re: Psychopath Brother [Re: twin]
Smokey Offline
member

Registered: 03/22/12
Posts: 78
I'm sorry to hear that.

It is so very much more difficult to get to grips with anything when your energy has been totally drained. frown

Top
#14004 - 10/30/12 11:49 AM Re: Psychopath Brother [Re: Liz123]
brave Offline
member

Registered: 10/27/12
Posts: 34
My brother is a psychopath. Even if the doctor has never taken a look at him, he is.

I have stopped contacting him. I'm afraid of him, yet feel like a bad person for not going and seeing his kids. I feel sorry for his kids.

here's what makes think he is Psychopath. I find it easier to make a brief list about him.

- physical violence, particularly towards women
- domestic violence charges
- rape accusation/ sexually abusive behavior
- excessive pleasure seeking/ reckless behavior: severe alcoholism/ multiple sex partners/ dui
- excessive lying. That article about the speech patterns of Psychopaths sounds like him. We always know he is lying when he starts a sentence with "um." seems able to explain his way out of the ugliest things
- organized criminal activity. major fraud. grand larceny. being wanted on a federal level
- having kids, with whatever flavour of the month relationship he has. With about the amount of foreplanning as a spur of the moment decision to buy a puppy.
- kids seem like a pawn for him to get money etc etc.


He seems like a nice guy. He is really engaging, but I have always had to be of two minds around him.

- once he said he owned this apartment and that he would pay the taxes, and maintenance fees so I could live there rent free while he moved out of the country. knowing the offer was too good to be true I turned him down. it turned out he did not own the apartment- he owed 1000's on backrent, and was just looking for someone to unload on.
-he used to have a thing for getting girls to get apartments with him; he'd get them to come up with first and last. Then he'd take the money and run. This happened frequently when I was younger.

I feel bad saying this. A part of me still sees my brother when he seemed kinder, and like he had more of a conscious. But now I fear him. I won't even see him.

Top
Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10

Moderator:  Dianne E.