Topic Options
#14078 - 11/24/12 11:05 PM Learning the truth about my father
netforce Offline
member

Registered: 11/24/12
Posts: 1
Hi All,

I guess I never thought in my life that I would be posting on a forum such as this. My Father had always called my mom a psychopath all my life. The image I had of a psychopath was someone living in there room all the time being isolated from the rest of the family while continuing to bring an income in for the family. My mom only wanted one marriage and never wanted to resort to a divorce as she always looked up to her parents as they had a long lasting marriage from day one. My mom's parents were fairly strickt with her believing that this would give her strength in the future. My my mom has had issues with her parents and when her sister (the person who she had desired the most in life) passed away she had bumped into a man who was all supportive through these events.

My mom had become clinged onto this man while dealing with the passing of her sister and I believe my dad who was this man had found the weak spot in my mom.

My mom a year ago had finally left my dad because she was tossed to the grown and had suffered a concussion. I helped my mom move out of the house she was paying for so that she could live in her own apartment. My mom is still paying the bills and mortgage and it seems like it's so hard for her to talk to the lawyer and start getting things rolling. I am really concerned and I have tried talking to her as much as I can and I know she understands that my dad is a psychopath but something is still snatched onto her emotionally and I keep trying to understand but I guess when she had been told all her life that she is a nothing then maybe it's hard for her to learn to be strong for herself.

I have experienced abuse from my dad myself but I have been away from it for 8 years now. I left home when I was 18. Almost all the symptoms of a psychopath that I have read have been exhibited in my dads behavior. All these events that have happen has taken an emotional toll on me and I have pushed so hard to walk away from it but with my mom getting hurt it had now brought me back again to a place that I just wanted to forget.

I believe I understand my dad clearly now. I have been harrased by him all my life because I have disagreed with his behavior.

If anyone has questions please feel free to ask. I will take any advice on how I can help my mom.






Edited by netforce (11/24/12 11:08 PM)

Top
#14080 - 11/25/12 05:55 PM Re: Learning the truth about my father [Re: netforce]
Dianne E. Offline

Administrator
member

Registered: 11/15/02
Posts: 2789
Loc: United States
Hi netforce, welcome to our community. It is very wise and also very kind that you see things so clearly and are willing to help you mother. I would suggest reading all you can about PTSD and the toll that long term abuse can have on victim, your mom will need all the help you can muster to help her see what the correct path is. It is in many ways like dealing with a person who has been in a cult for many years except with a Psychopath it is a cult of 1 with the Psychopath as the leader. I would suggest that your mom has been severely turned upside down but the good things is she did leave so there is hope with time that she will leave for good and leave him to fend for himself.

Do you think if she finds he is seeing other women that will help her to turn the corner and stop financing him?

Try to keep in mind that he is playing the victim while victimizing others so I would guess that is why your mom feels some obligation to keep taking care of him financially.

Quote:
My mom had become clinged onto this man while dealing with the passing of her sister and I believe my dad who was this man had found the weak spot in my mom.


That is precisely how they operate, your mom is probably still going back in her mind and remembering when he was kind in order to not focus on the reality of what he really is.

Di

Top

Moderator:  Dianne E.