Ok. If he kills himself it's just better for the whole planet.... never mind for you, but alright, that's my angry side. I only wish they would do themselves in.
Suicidal threats are Constant tactic in my experience, for months, with a really ACTIVE/violent -but also crybaby , cowardly type and I've know a few different types, more or less. Family, relationships etc.
My current ex was really active, so he wanted to kill me, my alleged 'new boyfriend ' (he knew I didn't have), then himself. I guess he saw that as crime of passion stuff, I guess if he kills me, but fails to kill himself -he'll have some sicko text and VM defense. IE: Insanity.
I Do think that At Times the 'unexperienced' or younger psychopath understands, realizes what a monster they are and since they have to work really hard to keep up the farce, they just cant deal with being who they are. Hence, they are All OVER the Place and completely out of control.
I suspect this is your Exspath situation.
Sometimes I think they really DO want to suicide or other options: suicide by police or that someone else put an end to their suffering, like being shot for doing something totally unacceptable. I think this, because my Ex Knew I was fully armed, knew I had a police complaint out on him, but came to my house and threatened me, stalked me and tried to break in, regardless. He Totally KNEW I could shoot him dead at any time.
His fear was not death, at all! His fear was prison. So, he fled when I didn't shoot him, but called the cops instead.
My ExSpath, when he was 'out of control' told me to 'Stay away from him, that he was a BAD person who had done horrible things and he deserved to die'.
He threatened suicide many times. He had done horrible things, some I kinda know ( murder) and much more I will never know. But stupid ME.
Now, because he got away with Everything, he just laughs his ass off. He was testing me, and EVERYONE, the court, the jail, the cops. I always said to his therapist, he is using Me to Self Destruct, trying to take me with him, but I refused. Now, maybe I wish I would have, because it's all fallen back on me, as now he always talks about "LMAO" , which is about getting away with it once again.
Ok, enough about ME. and what it means to be in a really BAD situation. You must understand that you are in one too. You have a psycho in your midst, and the adrenaline you are experiencing is like a drug. Its addictive.
You don't want to hit rock bottom. We never see rock bottom til you are so far in you cant get out.
A song that plays in my head all the time is Anna Nalick Lyrics to "Breathe".
http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/annanalick/breathe2am.htmlKeep posting love , and stay in NC as much as you can.
XO